Photos!

Damn it, I used up all my likes today cuz you know I like that picture bcpnick!

Why do they limit the like button on this forum?

I thought you'd like that. :) If only the sun had been out, but I was eager to try the new toy out. 

The like limit is just some arbitrary number that is the default in the forum software. It would take all of 2 seconds to remove the limit if someone chose to. 

Cuz, like, you, like, don't like want people like talking like they are like from the valley. Like totally.

"The Californians"

Awesome find out there Nick and so far that might be the only Link look alike photo I've seen on here.

sometimes we bring the dog

This is one of the "stay off the lake" weekends. Happy Birthday America!
I agree with this. We stayed off of the boat until Monday. On vacation this week, so we've put a few hours on the new toon.

At the lookout point at The Rez.

7a93f63ea546e16315b614adc23946ab.jpg

There were probably 80 boats there, today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple Eagle pics from the lake today.

We took our annual family "fishing" trip to Canada last week.  It was the first time traveling with a 6 month old grand-baby.  We left in the daytime for the first time that I have driven to Canada.  Our 8.5 hr trip turned into a 12 hr journey.  We took our new 22' SXF APG for its maiden fishing trip.  Unfortunately, we had trailer problems on the way up.  We stopped for fuel 3 hours into the trip and the hubs were hotter than normal and 1 of the rubber grease caps was missing. Drove another hour and pulled into a auto parts store to replace the cap.  Now both wheels on the left side are smoking.  Get the tool tote out and jack the trailer up.  The brakes are dragging.  I loosen the brake shoes on all wheels, grease the bearings and we head to the border.  Stop to get gas at the border and one wheel is locked tight.  Something in the surge brake system is not allowing the brakes to release.  I loosen all the shoes as much as possible and lock the coupler out so that the brakes will not apply.  So my new trailer has duct tape on the coupler to keep the pin in place and zip lock baggies with rubber bands to seal off the dust caps. :angry:    That solved the problem but now I have no trailer brakes.  That is why I tow with a Suburban, it can handle the load.  

Get to camp safely and launched the boat.  First day we have 9 adults and 2 grandbabies on board,  Everybody found a seat and we leave the dock for fishing.  The boat is fantastic.  We were cruising at 25 mph with plenty of motor left. (Old boat with that load would be 12 mph) The ride was dry with the wind and waves and into the wind and waves.  We had whitecaps on several days, I trimmed the motor full down and cut through the waves.  The live wells work great.  The fish were in great condition.  We did twice the miles as the old boat and used less gas.  The front recliner fishing seats were a hit with everybody.  The back fishing seats are too low if you are casting.  We removed them and stood in the area and that worked well.  The seat at the front of the helm is a good height for fishing.  Lots of storage for fishing tackle in the helm.  Not much storage under the seats because there are only 2 smaller sofas.  Lots of storage under the sunpad.  Thanks for the suggestion from the forum to just pull the trolling motor straight up and not lay it down when moving.  That worked great and it was never in the way. 

This was the families 69th year going to Lake Kagawon and we had 25 people in camp with 7 people on their first visit.  I figured that each small mouth bass cost about $5,800 each but the memories and comfort of the new boat is money well spent.  This boat will be making the trip for years to come.  I highly recommend this model boat for fishing and never put less than the 150hp on it. 

Sounds like a great time Bruce. But what good is a story of a fishing trip without any fish photos????? Glad the new boat delivered the performance and capabilities you desired.

I think Jill took a picture of my fish. If its on her camera I will post it. Thank god the brothers and their boat are willing to fish all day.  We have 3 fish fries during the week.  Big fish of the week was a 5lb 11oz smallmouth caught by a 7 year old on his first cast from the boat.  

One interesting observation,  there are warning stickers all over the boat.  Capacity is 12 people but the CYA stickers say not to sit in the front recliners and the stern fishing chairs while underway.  Were are you suppose to put 12 people.  

Wow, that's not just a fishing trip that is a family reunion.  Glad you had such a good time 

The more importaint part of the cap sticker is the weight. You don't want 12 300 lb people on board.

You also don't want to feed 12 300 lb people

I honestly would want to feed them. Ya know how unhappy 12 300 lb people would be. I'm 200 lbs and I get hangry... :)

I decided to give the pontoon some time off after my last trip. This weekend I loaded up the kayaks and paddled deep into the Bridger Wilderness at the north end of Wyoming's Wind River Range. Three days staring up at Square Top, nearly 4,000 feet above. Good stuff. Next week I'm rafting the Colorado, and then it's back to the Benny for another Powell trip. Summer is great. 

IMG_3826.jpg

IMG_4024.jpg

Nice photo's. Love the composition in the first one. 

Cheers, Steve

Love having you on board bcpnick.  Your pictures look like you are from another world.  Keep them coming

With Nick's photos he never has to say "you should have seen it in person". With the quality of his photos it is like we are there! Thanks for bringing us all along on your adventures!

Great pics as usual Nick!

Bruce looked like a great trip! Did you ever fix your trailer issues?!?

Back