Photos!

On 5/16/2016 at 7:59 AM, chucktuna said:

Maybe 3 minutes you'll never get back,  but I made a drone video of yesterdays cruise around the lake

(you tube link)

Those drones have so many uses, and give you such a unique perspective.  Thanks for sharing this one!  I'd love to see our property from the air like this!

Some pics from a trip earlier this month. 

Surreal morning reflections on Lake Powell.

My friend in the act of capturing said reflections. 

Debating whether I should tell you guys what I did to my boat toward the end of this trip.... :unsure:

Nick, 

I visited your site and very much enjoyed your narrative, and the photography was truly inspiring.  And of course, the subject material made me envious.  Lake Powell is so photogenic, the light so alternately cold then warm or both.  

You have an amazing eye for your shots, sir...something I am still learning how to do.  And I like your selection of lenses or focal lengths for the shots as well.

Thanks very much for sharing!

Nick's pictures and abilities are well beyond my talent level, and at the risk of embarrassing myself,  I thought I'd share a few of mine with you.  Bull Shoals Lake is nothing like Lake Powell or the other gorgeous places out west, but we still love it!

412725586.jpg

The above dock is on a boat ramp that's less than a mile from our house.

412725584.jpg

The boat being brand new, this was our first chance to play with the LED lights!

412725579.jpg

This part of the lake is very quiet come sundown, which makes it very special with sunsets like this.

But it's not just the sunsets on the lake that are worth staying out for...the cliffs are everywhere around the waterways, and some are pretty neat.  Nowhere near as incredible as the cliffs on some of those beautiful lakes out west, but still pretty cool.

412725600.jpg

Dead ahead is Dinosaur Rock, a favorite cliff jumping spot for the not-so faint at heart.

412725610.jpg

Near the end of a 2+ mile long length of cliffs called Tie Chute Bluff.  Before the dam was finished in 1952, this is near where the old lumberjacks would slide the logs (ties) down a natural chute in the cliff face to the White River below.  My guess is the cliff was around 300' or more tall back then.

412725599.jpg

If you turned around and looked behind you at this spot, the Bull Shoals dam would be facing you.  

And lastly, some pics of our new Benny.

412725652.jpg

Still brand new with no registration numbers yet.

412725634.jpg

I didn't think I'd like the big lounger in the back, but Patty said it was a must-have.  She was right.

412725637.jpg

We'll be on the lake in less than 15 minutes now!  Looks like a beautiful day is ahead of us!

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing!

Nick, 

I visited your site and very much enjoyed your narrative, and the photography was truly inspiring.  And of course, the subject material made me envious.  Lake Powell is so photogenic, the light so alternately cold then warm or both.  

You have an amazing eye for your shots, sir...something I am still learning how to do.  And I like your selection of lenses or focal lengths for the shots as well.

Thanks very much for sharing!

Thanks. I'm glad you enjoy them. Your shots look great too! 

Enjoy all your pictures.  I've got to get better and start remembering to bring a camera.

You know your phone must have a camera! Just saying.

I don't know. If Marks anything like my dad, he still uses a old flip phone with a 500kb camera.....

Wow!! Looking good!!

I have to agree with you on that one text.

Back