Please Audit My 2275 GCW Build!

Tooncrazy

Reaction score
I'm on the verge of finally completing my build list.

Below are my 2275 Add-ONS.

Am I overlooking anything that I should have a look at and/or am I adding things that don't make sense or that I should reconsider?

Yamaha F150LB

Sport Performance System (SPS)

In Floor Storage (Is this storage container constructed of metal or what, is it substantial? Seems a little pricey.)

Raised Helm

Dual Batteries With Switch

Java Upholstry

Champagne Panels

Regatta Blue Accent

Trim Accent Expresso Teak

Bow Gate Seat

Bow Table

R Series Captains Chair

Full Designer Vinyl Flooring (the stern of this boat will get a serious dose of direct sun every day. Should I consider something else for aft flooring?)

4 Step Stainless Ladder

Echo 100 Fish Finder

Stainless Docking Lights

Sony M6 Stereo

LED Cup Holders

Shark Hide

We don't ski or tow anything.

Thanks for having a look for me.

We're pumped about joining the Benny Club!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a well decked out boat. I love our extended rear deck, but we really only use it when tubing and such as it allows more room for people to move around. If you're not doing water sports, then you probably won't miss it. It also comes in handy when fishing. It's my favorite place to stand. That would be the only thing I'd recommend you consider. I think you have about everything you can get.

Wait, what about hydraulic steering?

That's a well decked out boat. I love our extended rear deck, but we really only use it when tubing and such as it allows more room for people to move around. If you're not doing water sports, then you probably won't miss it. It also comes in handy when fishing. It's my favorite place to stand. That would be the only thing I'd recommend you consider. I think you have about everything you can get.

Wait, what about hydraulic steering?
The SPS package now includes hydraulic steering.

Lol. Duh. I just typed that on another thread too.

Great build. You're going to be really happy with that. The only thing I would do differently is full seagrass flooring. 

Great build. You're going to be really happy with that. The only thing I would do differently is full seagrass flooring. 
Thanks. I have read that Seagrass flooring can be hot on the feet? Can you comment on why it may be preferable?.I think maybe I should question Designer Vinyl durability?

It's not hot on the feet at all, in my opinion. I had a regular vinyl aft on my last boat and it was hotter. And the seagrass looks soooooooo much better. 

In Floor Storage (Is this storage container constructed of metal or what, is it substantial? Seems a little pricey.)
It's the actual center pontoon. You open the floor and fill the pontoon with stuff. You'll be blown away by how much storage it gives you. Well worth the price! 

Any surface will get hot when in the sun. Seats, floor, towels, water...

It depends on where you are boating but I upgraded to the Garmin Echo 50s GPS.  My lake is large and has quite a few hazards, at night some nights you cannot even see the shore line, it blends right in.  I like night rides, so this was a must have upgrade for me.  The navigation is priceless in those situations.  Bennington charges about $1068 for the 50s, you can get it for $450 or so from Amazon or Garmin web site.  If you have dealer do it, they will also charge labor, depends on what you are comfortable tackling yourself.

It depends on where you are boating but I upgraded to the Garmin Echo 50s GPS.  My lake is large and has quite a few hazards, at night some nights you cannot even see the shore line, it blends right in.  I like night rides, so this was a must have upgrade for me.  The navigation is priceless in those situations.  Bennington charges about $1068 for the 50s, you can get it for $450 or so from Amazon or Garmin web site.  If you have dealer do it, they will also charge labor, depends on what you are comfortable tackling yourself.
Where did you mount your Echo 50? I've got a Garmin GPS Map 536 that I want to setup on my 2275 GCW but don't see a suitable position for it yet on the raised helm I'm getting, its a fairly large unit and I don't think it can be flush mounted.

Where did you mount your Echo 50? I've got a Garmin GPS Map 450 that I want to setup on my 2275 GCW but see a suitable position for it yet on the raised helm I'm getting.
One reason I went with the 50s is because it fits right where they put the fish finder, flush mounted.

It's the actual center pontoon. You open the floor and fill the pontoon with stuff. You'll be blown away by how much storage it gives you. Well worth the price! 
Is the lid waterproof? If not how do you prevent water from getting in there from rain or wash down?

Do you know if the Echo 100 transducer will work with the Echo 50s?

The storage locker has a bilge pump I believe.  I am not sure about the transducer, I purchased mine with the transducer for $439.  Even if it is compatible, some transducers are much better than others.

Do you know if the Echo 100 transducer will work with the Echo 50s?
It is not compatible.  I worked out an arrangement with my dealer.  I'd order my boat with the Echo 100.  I bought a Garmin GPSmap 547xs (for much less than the 50s-and more capable) and had the dealer install it including the new transducer.  They took the Echo 100 as payment for the labor.  I've not used the unit yet, but TomS has it and really likes it.   My only wish is that bennington had a area that allowed for larger displays (the R/Q is really limited).  7" would be good.

Maybe you can work out something similar with the dealer?  If you have the waveshield, it is a pain to run the 'ducer wire.  The dealer drilled out the rivets and installed like the factory would.  Others have routed over the waveshield.

Sealed strakes are something that you may want to consider.  They are cheap and if you are worried about salt water, invasive species or keeping them clean, I'd go for it.  Some claim better performance.  On paper, they should (at start any way), but not sure if it is really noticeable.  They will give you ~400lb added buoyancy too.  No negative side at all for the ~$500

You may want to consider a ski tow bar...for resale purposes at least.  I know you said you won't ski or tow, but that boat is screaming "let me pull tubes, skiers, etc".  It is much more expensive to add later.

Unless you are doing a lot of night cruising, I'd drop led cup holders. Just more electrical stuff to deal with someday.

What does "designer" vinyl look like. I know the boats I've been on with "regular" vinyl show dirt really bad. If I had a choice on my toon, I wish I had seagrass. I HATE MY CARPET !!  

MAKE SURE to check your bow seat when it comes in as there were some issues in the past (may have corrected them) about poor staple placement underneath, damaging floors.

Back