Please Audit My 2275 GCW Build!

Seagrass is spendy, but few who have it would ever say they wish they had opted for anything else. It doesn't get hotter than anything else. If anything, it is cooler. I know there are discussions that it got hot, but all seem to be situations where one would smack their forehead and say...'yeah... Everything got hot because it was...well...hot".

I have the Seagrass floor throughout, that may make me biased. But in my opinion it is the best floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Humm...Not according to Bennington.

Maybe there are ones that are compatible with both, but the one that comes with from bennington with the 100 is not.  I had to have a different one installed. The one for the 50s would have worked with my 547xs, but Bennington wouldn't just install the 50s transducer w/o the chartplotter.   This is why I had the 100 swapped out.   I do know the 50s is a dual beam and dual frequency sonar and the 100 is just the dual beam.   Is the 100 an 8pin transducer?

You may want to check with your dealer/bennington.  Maybe there were updates to the units since last fall when I ordered my boat.

It is not compatible.  I worked out an arrangement with my dealer.  I'd order my boat with the Echo 100.  I bought a Garmin GPSmap 547xs (for much less than the 50s-and more capable) and had the dealer install it including the new transducer.  They took the Echo 100 as payment for the labor.  I've not used the unit yet, but TomS has it and really likes it.   My only wish is that bennington had a area that allowed for larger displays (the R/Q is really limited).  7" would be good.

Maybe you can work out something similar with the dealer?  If you have the waveshield, it is a pain to run the 'ducer wire.  The dealer drilled out the rivets and installed like the factory would.  Others have routed over the waveshield.
Not sure where you go your 547, but they are way more expensive than the 50s.

Not sure where you go your 547, but they are way more expensive than the 50s.
Ah yes...

More expensive online, but much cheaper than the $1100 that Bennington was charging for the 50s. 

I got it for $671. Looks like there are many online that are cheaper now, but I bought from GPScity and there price was(and still is) $799.  They matched a competitors price.

The one thing nice about buying preinstalled by Bennington is that you get a 7 year warranty.  If that is a concern to you and if you feel it is worth it.

I went through the same thing you are going through and that is how I ended up with the 547xs.  Just had to have the 'ducer swapped out.

SHIPPED

Date Shipped: November 10, 2014  Delivery Estimate: November 16, 2014

Garmin GPSMAP 547xs with Preloaded U.S. Lakes and U.S. BlueChart g2 and Transducer

Qty: ea.    Price: $799.95

P/N: 010-01093-01     SKU: 547XST

Serial No: 31Q003981

Item Total: $799.95

Shipping: $0.00

Coupon: $128.89

Subtotal: $671.06

Tax: $0.00

Total: $671.06

Ah yes...

More expensive online, but much cheaper than the $1100 that Bennington was charging for the 50s. 

I got it for $671. Looks like there are many online that are cheaper now, but I bought from GPScity and there price was(and still is) $799.  They matched a competitors price.

The one thing nice about buying preinstalled by Bennington is that you get a 7 year warranty.  If that is a concern to you and if you feel it is worth it.

I went through the same thing you are going through and that is how I ended up with the 547xs.  Just had to have the 'ducer swapped out.

SHIPPED

Date Shipped: November 10, 2014  Delivery Estimate: November 16, 2014

Garmin GPSMAP 547xs with Preloaded U.S. Lakes and U.S. BlueChart g2 and Transducer

Qty: ea.    Price: $799.95

P/N: 010-01093-01     SKU: 547XST

Serial No: 31Q003981

Item Total: $799.95

Shipping: $0.00

Coupon: $128.89

Subtotal: $671.06

Tax: $0.00

Total: $671.06
Yes.  I ordered my 50s from Amazon for $400 and change, the dealer wanted $1098.  I made a deal with them to install it for me.  They normally don't like to do that.

I found out that there is a flush mount kit for my GPSMAP 536s. It needs a 6 1/4" X 6 3/4" opening. Does anyone know if there is room on the raised helm for an opening this size?

Garmin PN 010-11615-00 adapter cable allows the Echo 100 transducer cable to attach to a GPS Map 536s. I'm getting the Echo 100 installed by Bennington. I will connect the Echo transducer to my 536s using the adapter cable. I'll figure out a way to somehow install/mount the 536, it has a nice bright 5" screen and I paid over $1000 (with map chips) about 5 years ago.

On a Bennington build does the factory install the Echo head units or do the dealers do it?

Tooncrazy, I had the dealer install my 531 with a flush mount kit on my raised helm.  Cwag installed his own via flush mount and I believe he has pictures documenting the installation in his gallery

Tooncrazy, I had the dealer install my 531 with a flush mount kit on my raised helm.  Cwag installed his own via flush mount and I believe he has pictures documenting the installation in his gallery
Yes, your dimensions are almost exact as my 50s, and they flush mounted it right where the fish finder would have been.

How is the GPS screen visibility with the GPS mounted low by the steering wheel?

How is the GPS screen visibility with the GPS mounted low by the steering wheel?
Maybe your console is different than mine then.  Mine is mounted upper right of steering wheel where the standard fish finder was mounted on the console

The "R" series helm is different.

The Seagrass is awesome, I'll never have carpet!! Center storage is worth every penny, I could sleep in mine, and yes it has a automatic bilge pump. Just my 3 cent! :D

The Seagrass is awesome, I'll never have carpet!! Center storage is worth every penny, I could sleep in mine, and yes it has a automatic bilge pump. Just my 3 cent! :D
Have you ever had water in your Center Storage?

I have had some water in it from rain etc. but nothing substantial. There is a plastic flat bottom piece that keeps everything off the bottom so I never had anything get soaked in there. I don't think I'd get a boat without it, beside the convenience, the resale is also better.

Lost my place!! The boat comes wired with a switch that's either manual or auto so if you leave it in the water, it'll take care of itself. 

Have you ever had water in your Center Storage?
I've never had any water in mine but it's under a lift canopy and the cover is always on it when not in use.

I have a Garmin 740 so I wouldn't waste money on Benningtons Garmin offerings.

They need to retool helms to surface mount a 7" screen.

It took my wife about 5 months to get into the idea of tubing so don't say you'll never tow anything.

Yes.  I ordered my 50s from Amazon for $400 and change, the dealer wanted $1098.  I made a deal with them to install it for me.  They normally don't like to do that.
For the additional $ you get......

1 Factory installation

2 Warranty on GPS for 7 years (same as boat)

As far as concern of hot floor.....

Go with the linen color SeaGrass (off-white) very rich looking, same price as the platinum SeaGrass

For the additional $ you get......

1 Factory installation

2 Warranty on GPS for 7 years (same as boat)

As far as concern of hot floor.....

Go with the linen color SeaGrass (off-white) very rich looking, same price as the platinum SeaGrass
I am lucky and they are installing it for me.  I have spent a lot of money with them so it is a nice gesture.

I am lucky and they are installing it for me.  I have spent a lot of money with them so it is a nice gesture.
From this statement, do you believe you are getting the 7 year warranty on the 50s that the dealer is installing?  This was not the case with mine.  The 7 year is on factory installed options or options that appear on your build sheet and then dealer installed.   It has to be on the build sheet as it came from Bennington. This is why it is more expensive when part of the build...the 7 year warranty. 

If the dealer is telling you otherwise, make sure you get it in writing.

Back