Please Audit My 2275 GCW Build!

From this statement, do you believe you are getting the 7 year warranty on the 50s that the dealer is installing?  This was not the case with mine.  The 7 year is on factory installed options or options that appear on your build sheet and then dealer installed.   It has to be on the build sheet as it came from Bennington. This is why it is more expensive when part of the build...the 7 year warranty. 

If the dealer is telling you otherwise, make sure you get it in writing.
I never asked but I have read the same thing somewhere else also.  I don't mind not having the 7 year warranty, if the GPS goes bad in a year Amazon or Garmin will come good for it.  I have had many GPS's in my life and never one thing wrong with them, so no biggie really.  I am just glad I don't have to deal with the wiring.  If something goes wrong I will buy another one and it will be plug and play with the wires already being there.  I will still be about even.

I never asked but I have read the same thing somewhere else also.  I don't mind not having the 7 year warranty, if the GPS goes bad in a year Amazon or Garmin will come good for it.  I have had many GPS's in my life and never one thing wrong with them, so no biggie really.  I am just glad I don't have to deal with the wiring.  If something goes wrong I will buy another one and it will be plug and play with the wires already being there.  I will still be about even.
Totally agree.  That is why I provided my own unit as well.  The dealer thought it was a fair trade to keep the factory installed Garmin 100 for the labor cost to install the Garmin 547xs.  

I just wanted to make sure you (and anybody reading it) didn't expect to get the 7 year warranty on customer provide equipment just because the dealer installed it.

IMO Not sure why Bennington chose the 100, for a few hundred more they would have a unit worthy for the Bennington

My 2275 GCW Build Order has been placed.

Thanks for all the great input from everyone here, it was very helpful!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the final order?

You are welcome and good luck. It was fun spending your money.    :p

You are welcome and good luck. It was fun spending your money.    :p
Yup, many pounds of hundreds! And it was fun hearing from everyone on this thread, Thanks Again...

What is the final order?
Here it is:

Yamaha F150LB

Sport Performance System (SPS)

In Floor Storage

Raised Helm

Dual Batteries With Switch

Java Upholstery

Champagne Panels

Regatta Blue Accent

Trim Accent Espresso Teak

Bow Gate Seat

Bow Table

R Series Captains Chair

Full Designer Vinyl Flooring (something rather new I think. Looks real nice to us. Being highly touted by Bennington. Seems to work well with the other colors on the boat, kind of a nice gray/tan combo. Would probably work with just about any color scheme) 

4 Step Stainless Ladder

Echo 100 Fish Finder (will be replaced with a Garmin GPSMAP 536s that I already had. The Echo 100 transducer works with the 536)

Stainless Docking Lights

Stainless Rub Rail

Sony M6 Stereo (Comes with LED Lighted Kicker speakers)

LED Cup Holders

Shark Hide

Can't wait, can you tell?

Great build! Congrats! After seeing that new designer vinyl, that would probably be my top flooring choice too.

Until you post pics, it never happened.

The transducer from the 100 might be compatible, but from what I have read you will not get the best details that the 536 could give you with its own transducer.  There was a lot of confusing information on this when I was reading up on it.  I would call Garmin directly if you have not already, they will give you the correct information.

The transducer from the 100 might be compatible, but from what I have read you will not get the best details that the 536 could give you with its own transducer.  There was a lot of confusing information on this when I was reading up on it.  I would call Garmin directly if you have not already, they will give you the correct information.
I have verified with Garmin that the Echo 100 transducer will work fine with my 536s, here's a link. Look under compatible devices: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/shop-by-accessories/transom%20mount%20transducers%20/transom-mount-transducer-with-depth-temperature-4-pin-dual-beam-garmin-design/prod85635.html

The 536s is also NMEA 2000 compatible which opens the door for getting all sorts of Yamaha outboard operating parameters displayed in gauge format on the 536s screen.

My main issue now is finding a place to mount the 536s in/on my raised helm.

Looks like I got lucky (I hope)....

I have verified with Garmin that the Echo 100 transducer will work fine with my 536s, here's a link. Look under compatible devices: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/shop-by-accessories/transom%20mount%20transducers%20/transom-mount-transducer-with-depth-temperature-4-pin-dual-beam-garmin-design/prod85635.html

Looks like I got lucky.
Yes, I understand, many of these transducers are compatible.  Not all transducers are the same quality, some are more expensive and work better than others.  Not sure if you are using a stock transducer from the 100 but if you are I would be suspect of its performance compared to the much more expensive 536.  If Garmin says it will give the same performance then I guess it will.

Back