Post up pic of your "Boat Name"

Seaworthy...check

BoatUS membership...check

From your lips to my Amex card.

Hofmasters has been great.

We're fortunate enough to have a little marina in our community.

What depth is too shallow?

What's the best way to get the name on the boat?
Boat US has a graphics service to do your boat name and is quite good.
TomS is right about Boat US..........that's where I had my boat name and decals made. http://www.boatus.com/boatgraphics/ High quality materials and they are easily applied. Timamy, the best thing is they are located about 15/20 minutes from you........ 880 South Pickett St. in Alexandria, VA 22304. 800 937-3300. You can order it online and pick it up yourself to save on shipping costs or just go by and you can see some graphics example...............They offer a discount for Boat US members.............

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to hear. Thanks TomS and BK. I saw the signs/decals on the Boat US site when I became a new member, but I wondered if that's what you all were using because I wasn't sure how that would work with the rippled panels. Obviously, very well.

Any recommendations on general size of lettering outside of the absolute minimums set by the CG? I was planning on eyeballing it yesterday, but forgot about it as soon as we got to the marina.

Thanks to Geewest, I now know how to post pics so it's just a matter of getting them ordered and on.

I used a place called FastSigns for my logo's. I designed the logo and sent a .pdf file to the guy at the store and he made me three for 35 bucks. I think they look great. Don't you?....lol

boat logo.jpg

Very nice Frank! Where in Virginia are you located???????

This is the third time I've woken my husband up tonight to look at something on this forum! Thankfully, he's as excited about our new Bennington (<1 week old) as I am.

Great names, great pics. Every one of them made me smile. I wondered whether or not peoole named their pontoons, now I know.

Deciding on a name will be fun. Was considering 'Puka', tongue in cheek, but we'll see.

Love this forum. Learn so much every day. Appreciate all of the valuable insight and the camaraderie.
Puka- as in Hawaiian for "hole"? Like a hole in the water you throw money into?

Hi All, Here's a pic of the graphic I had designed for our lil Benny.

Don't have it on yet, but should look good against the smokey granite panel!

boatname.jpg

That'll pop on the granite!

Wow. That is pretty awesome!

That is cool! Is it going to be a vinyl sticker or a plaque?

Thanks all, it's going to be vinyl. The girl at our local sign shop is very creative. Before she came up with this, she showed me her other boat graphics she had done. Quite artistic, and she hit the nail on the head with what I wanted. I will take a pic once it's on(as long as I don't mess it up-lol)

gallery_5033_391_4179.jpg

Very Nice Reel Ax! Take it someone made a vinyl sticker?

Reel Ax.........Looks great! Are you going to put it on your boat too???????

Got it done for $30 at a new graphic shop near us. With all the ribbing on the GCW, I think I'm going to just do the cooler. I have it so that the cooler is mounted on the back deck.

Looks good !!!!

Looks good, that's the one thing about the RCW, don't really know where I'd put a name, it's better on the back, but I don't have any panels back there! Sides don't work that well since I have the shattered graphics, guess I'll worry about it if I ever think of a name I want!

Derrick, maybe you could get a really nice plaque made and hang it from under the tower under the ski pole area.

Something real classy, color matched, with black letters to make it pop. I think that would be a cool area to put something.

Back