Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

Ptm Edge offer for a group buy.great deal if you've been looking for a mirror.

Discussion in 'Pontoon Forum' started by cwag911, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Michiman

Michiman Well-Known Member

What model is that?

Wayne King Sr. likes this.
  2. Jack M

Jack M Moderator

Michiman and Maholli like this.
  3. LBJBBear

LBJBBear Member

Have been looking for a top quality mirror for our new Benny. I ordered the Pro bolt to the console model and hope it will be a better option than some I’ve used in the past. Thanks to everyone in Club Bennington that arranged this great deal. I’ll post pics after install. Happy camper in Central Texas!!

Major K likes this.
  4. TexAgg56

TexAgg56 Well-Known Member

same mirror I have. Love it. No problems at all. make sure the little screw that mounts mirror to arm is nice and tight.

5. Wayne King Sr.

Wayne King Sr. Active Member

Yes and recommend, if you have the black out package you place some felt on the rail when bolting in case you need to make adjustments. Otherwise you will most likely end up with some scratch marks.

Bama Kat and 3dmac88 like this.
  6. 3dmac88

3dmac88 Member

Ordered mine!

7. Tin Diesel

Tin Diesel Well-Known Member

I'm really tempted to buy this, but am concerned about the impact on the mooring cover. Does anybody have a photo of their mirror with the cover on? Also, GWLK, how do you take it off at the end of the day? From the photos and description, the clamp-on seems pretty permanent (tools-only removal).
    Thanks.

8. Jack M

Jack M Moderator

Mine folds under the cover . I do remove the mirror from the bracket when I put it into winter storage . If I remember I'll take a pic today .

9. Jack M

Jack M Moderator

20190511_121924.jpg 20190511_123951.jpg

Tin Diesel and Vikingstaff like this.
  10. Tin Diesel

Tin Diesel Well-Known Member

Thank you for the pics, Jack!
    Just placed the order.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  11. GWLK

GWLK Well-Known Member

Only because I couldn't find the right size, I contacted the company and they graciously sent me 2 Knurled Thumb Screws. They work great. No tools required. Position mirror, tighten thumb screws and a way we go. I do use a small piece of parachute cord as a security tether, which I attach to the rail. I have thought about changing that over to a piece of stainless steel fishing leader, but haven't yet.

3dmac88 likes this.
  12. Bama Kat

Bama Kat Well-Known Member

I had it on my G23 and would fold it towards the front of the boat when putting the cover on, no problems. I forgot to fold it one time & the guys putting up the boat at the marina folded it back towards the vibration moving the boat scratched the mirror but not bad

13. Cecil

Cecil New Member

Just took delivery today. A rearview mirror was on my top 5 add-ons list. Thanks for the organizing the discount. Just ordered the regular PXR-100. Wanted to towing tubes (or other junk)...also I just like to know what is behind / overtaking me.

14. Vikingstaff

Vikingstaff Well-Known Member

With your boat and motor, you wont get overtaken too often. :cool:

Cecil and Michiman like this.
  15. Michiman

Michiman Well-Known Member

Welcome Cecil! How about posting some pictures for us to fawn over?

16. Wayne King Sr.

Wayne King Sr. Active Member

Great! Send pictures. We also have a 2019 SHO 175 VMAX registered on Lake Keowee, South Carolina. Almost cried when SC sent me the registration sticker with directions to place the sticker numbers on the starboard side of the outboard. I thought about placing the sticker on the lower unit (down by the prop) to keep from messing up the paint scheme on the cowling. Good looking Cowling and I understand its quite expensive to replace if damaged.

17. Cecil

Cecil New Member

First
    Maiden voyage on Sunday. I'm sure there will be some pics to post form that!

Michiman likes this.
  18. Cecil

Cecil New Member

Yeah. Not looking forward to having to put a sticker on the outboard. Going with custom stickers for the reg numbers...but still have to deal with the ugly expiration decals!

19. MikeOnTheLake

MikeOnTheLake Well-Known Member

Has anyone had problems folding their mirror up and down? I've only used mine a few times and not when pulling someone yet, but mine was hard to fold down and up from the start, and now won't fold back up. I think the screw in the picture is too long and with a hotter day today the metal expanded enough that I could not fold the mirror back up. Plus, the screw is gouging the mounting bracket. I had to remove the whole thing from the boat because with it down it interfered with the throttle. I am backing out that screw all the way. I'll be contacting PTM about this Monday. I'm sure they will take care of the issue quickly. I was missing a washer when I first received the mirror and they went above and beyond to get me the washer quickly.
    20190518_202103.jpg

Last edited: May 19, 2019 at 9:31 AM