QX line

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m guessing a typo with the mph number, but for sure fast for its weight and style of boat. I cannot wait to see pictures and hear about all the performance and fun. Oh boy…certainly buying your last boat first with this Bennington.

Definitely a typo on the mph. Meant 58 from what I have read. Still too fast for me but I will try anything once. lol Thinking I should buy a helmet and new life jacket lol.

Thinking I should buy a helmet and new life jacket lol.
Pictures or it didn’t happen. :D Add some snoopy googles to the mix as well.:p

On a serious note, what an incredible boat it will be. Super nice!!!

Love love love my qx withe Mercury 400 V10. Really like the front bimini also.

Attachments

• IMG_1586.jpeg
    IMG_1586.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 71345342442__1AD53F11-696F-4A4D-ACD5-A021905E0219.jpeg
    71345342442__1AD53F11-696F-4A4D-ACD5-A021905E0219.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0674.jpeg
    IMG_0674.jpeg
    214.3 KB · Views: 67
Correct me if I'm wrong but on the 2nd pic above..... Is that 400 mounted on an SPS hull??? I thought the Q's came with the ESP center tube???

I think you're wrong. It looks like an elliptical to me?

I think you're wrong. It looks like an elliptical to me?
I guess you're right. When you look at the center tube compared to the starboard tube they both look rounded and pretty much the same size. But when you look at the reflection in the water you can tell the center tube is significantly larger than the starboard tube.... What do you think?

I guess you're right. When you look at the center tube compared to the starboard tube they both look rounded and pretty much the same size. But when you look at the reflection in the water you can tell the center tube is significantly larger than the starboard tube.... What do you think?
Good eye. I didn't even think to look for a reflection!

Hi folks! Well I drank the koolaid this weekend and decided to buy a used QX instead of the LX. I absolutely love the style of the boat. Will the QX owners chime in on their pros and cons of the boat? Thanks have a great day!
I have had my 25 foot QX with sport arch and midship bench seat with a Suzuki 350 twin prop for this season. It is a heavy boat and it tops out at 48 mph when raising the trim. It does handle the chop very smoothly and it is a gorgeous boat. I bought that engine, wanting to pull skiers, and there is still a bit of a lull despite the twin prop Suzuki being reputed as popping out of the hole. My only other criticism is the Bimini is not designed well in terms of the ease of operation.

I have had my 25 foot QX with sport arch and midship bench seat with a Suzuki 350 twin prop for this season. It is a heavy boat and it tops out at 48 mph when raising the trim. It does handle the chop very smoothly and it is a gorgeous boat. I bought that engine, wanting to pull skiers, and there is still a bit of a lull despite the twin prop Suzuki being reputed as popping out of the hole. My only other criticism is the Bimini is not designed well in terms of the ease of operation.
What didn’t you like about the Bimini? We will definitely be using it 99% of the time

What didn’t you like about the Bimini? We will definitely be using it 99% of the time
If you want to use the Bimini, you must first remove it from its boot or cover. The cover has cleats that hold the Bimini to the sport arch. You then must zipper the Bimini to the sport arch left and right, which is not easy. It’s usually a two person job getting the Bimini attached an open. When you are done, and folding up the Bimini, you cannot then go under power as the Bimini will fly backwards. If it is not put back in its boot or cover with a cover, then cleated to the sport arch. In order to put it in, it’s boot or cover. You must unzip it from its attachment to the sport arch. All in all a very cumbersome process.

Thank you. Do you use WD-40 or silicone on the zipper for the boot? I have a double Bimini on my 22 SX and if I didn’t keep them lubed they probably would have broken or just corroded to pieces. Difficult to maintain

Amazon sells a zipper lube, others have used chap stick and on the snaps as well

Zipper lube from Walmart. Non-staining. A tube will last years. I use it on snaps and hinges too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back