Seastar Hydraulics vs Power Assist Hydraulics

Not again???

Looks like round two!!!

After the first leak I decided to keep a white sheet under the lines to detect if the unit is still leaking and act as a barrier for the floor in the event of a leak. Took a peak yesterday after putting a couple hours on it this year and what do you know.....fluid still leaking from the same area. This is nuts. I already emailed the repair guy at Bennington so lets see what he says.

350293E3-D3FD-4EC3-9334-818AE6037DF2_zpsydb8zboo.jpg

2651C54A-3287-4908-BA38-C5B8413E4935_zpsha1ihw44.jpg

Sorry to hear that Lakeliving.  Glad you were wise enough to keep an eye on it

It took me a while to get ours to stop leaking. I don't like the hoses they use. They're not your typical hydraulic hose fitting like you see in a car p/ower steering.

OMG NO!!!!!  WTH!!!?!?  

I've been checking mine and it's been fine since the last repair.  I'm so sorry to hear about this.  You're smart for putting those sheets there to save the carpet and going through that mess again!

What was the repair for yours? Was it the lines or fittings? I'm just happy nothing else is damaged like last time. Sucks that we're finally in prime boating season here in Michigan and a baby coming due and now the boat issues again. Oh well, it will get fixed.....again.

The question is: 

Seastar Hydraulics vs Power Assist Hydraulics

The answer is $1,000 vs. $3,000 installed + a second battery.

But if you're into water sports with 150 hp or more, you need the p/s assist.

Oh no Andy!  You deserve some peace of mind with this issue.  Hopefully they'll get to the real root of the problem quickly instead of looking for a quick fix.  Good on ya for finding out it's still not right and giving the dealer another chance to excel!

Damnit Andy! That sucks! I wonder if you could request they use some place like a Parker or an Eaton hydraulic hose repair place. In some areas they have equipment trailers that do field repairs on larger equipment.

My guy at Bennington who helped with the other repairs got with Whites Landing and they are going to get the sterring hub assembly/fittings replaced. We bought our first Bennington from Whites and they have been awesome helping with the issues on this one. Great guys there. not sure on an eta but hopefully this resolves the issue.

Back