Storage options

Like the Bridges of Madison County...

And that would be the first one I've seen with a boat under it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering what the overall lenth of mine would be. It's still setting on the ground so not been able to put a tape on it. My building is a 30x40 with a 10' door so it should only take up about half.

Been working on moving stuff around to get it in.
Well if I remember correctly, my 2275RCW was right around 33'6" from tip of trailer to tail of motor. I've decided that if I'm building a big "shop" it will be 30w x 45L. The 45 just to give a little extra swing room when connected to the truck. 40 will definitely work. Crappy thing is I have to go 16' walls so I can have a 14' door to get the tower through! Cha ching.

I understand you frustration with the tower. Thats why I opted out. I only have a 10' door. Picking mine up on Friday so I've been doing a major reorganization of my building to get it all in. Problem is, I can get the boat in OK, the beer fridge has to stay but what to do with the 2 motorcycles, the 2 ATV's and the side by side??? I think it may be time to downsize.

I'm with Jack, we rented a slip year round that is covered and park it there with the mooring cover on it. It just seemed cost efficient that way. No trailer, not having to pay storage, having to hookup and unhook to use it. Just drive down to the dock and fire her up. We also live in a HOA with a devil board. No parking out side.

I understand you frustration with the tower. Thats why I opted out. I only have a 10' door. Picking mine up on Friday so I've been doing a major reorganization of my building to get it all in. Problem is, I can get the boat in OK, the beer fridge has to stay but what to do with the 2 motorcycles, the 2 ATV's and the side by side??? I think it may be time to downsize.
I think it's time to get a BIGGER building :D

Just send the atv's and motorcycles my way! Problem solved.

I'll take the beer fridge if you decide it must go also! :D

Jack

I'll take the beer fridge if you decide it must go also! :D

Jack
I'll just clean the beer out and bring it in July.
My wife picked up a WSU shirt for you. I hope we dont forget it.... Wasn't for sure what size but since you like beer, she got the Xtra Belly size.

I pick up the boat Friday, they ordered the wrong trailer but gonna let me use some piece of crap untill mine comes in.

It's snowing here in Salina Ks. today but supposed to be in the 60's on Sunday so it may be a test run day.

I will get my 2375 RCW in here......  Sonehow !!!

If you are intent on cleaning the beer out of the fridge then I guess I don't need it!  Anyway, thanks for the WSU (will be interesting to see if they can get through the tournament undefeated) t-shirt and the extra beer belly size should be good. 

I am sure you will get your storage figured out.  See you June 30!

Jack

I got it in. Not alot of room left for the rest of my toys.. Marc,,,, good luck with that 8' door.... I dont think you will get it in.  My door is 10' and I had to drop the canopy all the way down. the highest point was my captains chair and it was fairly close.  Option B ?????

These boats are physically big but relatively light for their size.  People still wonder why they're so heavy feeling when being towed. 

Storage is a big issue, however.  We have mini-storage lots close to our lake where they can be parked.  hankfully we are hanging ours in a boathouse.

We have a new huge indoor storage facility that will hold 200 boats.  If someone decides to put a pontoon/tritoon into such a facility, you've still got to purchase a rack to go under the boat to have something for the forklift to lift. 

We're fortunate to have a oversized boathouse to hang our boat in.

My boat stays on our dock at the cabin all summer, when we pull the boat it goes to an off water marina.  Met Adam when we stored our first boat in 2010 he had a single large shed.  Last year he bought additional land behind his house, cleared the woods and then the Amish, about a dozen of them came up from Pennsylvania and built 3 more storage sheds in 5 days.  We pay $750 to store our boat and our SeaDoo Wake 215, this includes him winterizing both boats and firing them up in the Spring

Bamaman,

we store our Bennington in dry storage at a marina and are being told we now have to purchase a rack. All pontoons are being moved on ground locations and will sit on these racks. Any ideas on where such a rack can be purchased?

I see this is an older post but this might come in handy.  I had a 30X40 built with steel trusses, this allowed for a 10' side wall but a 12' tall door and great inside height, plus it only required two trusses so erecting time is cut down.  I have gallery pic(s) that show some of it.  One draw back is that with 30' w I could only put in a 12' w door, makes backing in tight but doable with the shorter Tahoe compared to the crew cab truck.  I had the bowrider when we built it, luckily the benny and truck fit, along with all my other sh, stuff, except the camper, it stays out side during season, but I cram it in there over winter.

Back