Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

Swingback Owners (my first-ever post...)

Discussion in 'Pontoon Forum' started by DougandSherry, Nov 16, 2017.

1. mattb

mattb Well-Known Member

Amazing how often that comes into play in life...

2. PonTuna Salad

PonTuna Salad Well-Known Member

We really like our swingback. When my wife saw one in the showroom, that is all it took. That is her seat, unless she is havin a great hair day and doesn’t want it blown in her face, but when we stop, that is immediately where she heads.

DougandSherry and cwag911 like this.
  3. DBoboltz

DBoboltz New Member

Loving our 23 RSB with tower. Spent time on the lake here in Texas today - 70 degrees. Kids lounging on the rear with Mom sitting up front. She is sexy and she knows it - silly girl...

23RSB.JPG

gnc1017, Michiman, adkboater and 6 others like this.
  4. DougandSherry

DougandSherry Active Member

We were out Tuesday...in sweatshirts. A cool day on the water is better than a cool day in the house! Thanks to you swingback owners for your responses. Keep 'em coming. I'm leaning that way! (And thinking of more questions...but I'm trying to post them on the right threads.) Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

5. scottalex

scottalex New Member

Any of you SB owners use both sides at once for those times when you have to be mass hauler? It looks like perhaps you could lie it back (for forward seating) and still be able to fit 2-3 sitting upright on the back pad (rather than lying back). If so seems like it could be one of the better options for handling those times when you need to get large group around as well max lounge flexibility when not loaded up.

6. Vikingstaff

Vikingstaff Well-Known Member

We’ve had our son and his cousin hang out back there when it was set up for forward seating. They were laying around though. If you stuffed a blanket or towel in the crevice created when angled back, then it may work well enough for actual sitting. We’ve never done it that way though.

scottalex likes this.
  7. DougandSherry

We have ordered our SB, but don't yet have it...however, that's one of the things we checked at the dealer and at the boat show yesterday. Plenty of room for 3 to sit on the bed while it's in the forward seating position, but if no one is sitting in the forward facing seat, the back will kinda shift if you lean against it. Sitting upright, I believe we'll be good!

Vikingstaff likes this.
  8. DougandSherry

Vikingstaff,
    Vikingstaff, hubby fell in love with the looks of the ...backside of your boat. Unfortunately the "lighted grill and speaker system", though standard on an R, does NOT look like yours. He was so disappointed. Bennington offered to rig one like yours on the boat we ordered, but we decided we could live with what they offer standard. I can't tell you how excited we are about our new boat. Come on, March!!!

Vikingstaff and Link like this.
  9. Vikingstaff

Vikingstaff Well-Known Member

Best feeling in the world: finally completing the decision making process and putting in the order.
    Worst feeling in the world: waiting on the boat to be built and delivered.
    New best feeling in the world: boat is built and delivered.
    New worst feeling in the world (if in the north with a winter order): waiting for summer after boat delivery.
    New bestest feeling in the world: you have the new boat, summer has arrived, and you’re on the water.

Congratulations on it all. Cannot wait to see the pictures come next summer!

DougandSherry likes this.
  10. Kevin1741

Kevin1741 Active Member

Swingback is great. We mostly beach our boat and the kids lounge ob the swing back. Like others have said, huge changing space and place to lay down in the sun.

For those of you with a SB, make sure your hardware is tight from the factory as mine was loose and caused significant damage.

Vikingstaff likes this.
  11. Patrick Szuch

Patrick Szuch Member

I just purchased a new 2018 22 SSBXP from the Cleveland boat show this weekend. For me, the SB option is my favorite aspect of the boat. I suspect that rear deck will be the most used "seat" in the boat, other than the console captains 20180119_134522.jpg chair.

12. Michiman

Michiman Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Patrick and welcome to the club! She's a sweet looking ship you have there. Enjoy...

13. Patrick Szuch

Patrick Szuch Member

Thanks Michiman! Days like today - 60 degrees outside - sure have me itching to get out on the water (floating instead of the standing on or riding on we've been doing lately. Lol)

Michiman likes this.
  14. lakeliving

lakeliving Well-Known Member

Congrats! Give us the rest of the details!

15. DougandSherry

Hubby wants to know...what hardware exactly. Ours won't be here til mid March, but we sure want to follow your advice!!

16. Kevin1741

Kevin1741 Active Member

517EC409-F508-4EC2-9A56-9BBF17001123.jpeg 2A59C64C-70B8-4F4E-B632-69830B9F9419.jpeg Make sure the bolts are tight at the hinges. At some point mine loosened on one side and when one of the kids lifted the swingback the strut pushed the seat up causing the integrated nuts to come right out of the wood.

cwag911 likes this.
  17. Link

Link Moderator

I would say to contact your dealer and ask for his input

18. Kevin1741

Kevin1741 Active Member

Thanks for the tip! Already put in a claim with the dealer 8 months ago. Thanks

19. DougandSherry

Thanks, Kevin!

20. Pfam7

Pfam7 Member

Hello. We are finalizing our order of an R and checking into getting the chrome " lighted grill and speaker system" instead of the regular one that is on the R. Do you know if there was going to be an additional charge to you for them to switch it? Thanks.