Swingback Owners (my first-ever post...)

I also found that it was actually easier to do it solo than to have another person help - at least for me.
Amazing how often that comes into play in life...

We really like our swingback. When my wife saw one in the showroom, that is all it took. That is her seat, unless she is havin a great hair day and doesn’t want it blown in her face, but when we stop, that is immediately where she heads.

We were out Tuesday...in sweatshirts. A cool day on the water is better than a cool day in the house! Thanks to you swingback owners for your responses. Keep 'em coming. I'm leaning that way! (And thinking of more questions...but I'm trying to post them on the right threads.) Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Any of you SB owners use both sides at once for those times when you have to be mass hauler? It looks like perhaps you could lie it back (for forward seating) and still be able to fit 2-3 sitting upright on the back pad (rather than lying back). If so seems like it could be one of the better options for handling those times when you need to get large group around as well max lounge flexibility when not loaded up.

We’ve had our son and his cousin hang out back there when it was set up for forward seating. They were laying around though. If you stuffed a blanket or towel in the crevice created when angled back, then it may work well enough for actual sitting. We’ve never done it that way though.

We have ordered our SB, but don't yet have it...however, that's one of the things we checked at the dealer and at the boat show yesterday. Plenty of room for 3 to sit on the bed while it's in the forward seating position, but if no one is sitting in the forward facing seat, the back will kinda shift if you lean against it. Sitting upright, I believe we'll be good!

We got a 2017 24’ SB. We LOVE it. Based on your description above, I think you will love it. Others are right though in thinking how you will likely use it, and with how many people you might typically cruise around with. On ours, even with people laying back there, we still have room for a pretty good group of people with the other seating that is available.

Mechanically, the seat shifts back and forth very easily. A young kid can swing it either way with no problem. Absolutely a non-issue for an adult. Lifting the bottom up to get under it is at times slightly awkward in that you have to lift in the right spot. Once you get used to where to lift it from, it comes up pretty good - has a little lifting shock of some sort.

Finally, it is comfortable, it is sharp looking with some novelty to it, and it attracts looks for sure. Come on, just look at the ....backside on that thing!

IMG_0056.jpg
Vikingstaff,
The chrome piece is cool. What’s off the chart sweet is when you turn on the RGB lighting because the speakers and “Bennington” in the chrome all light up. It’s an eye catcher when lite up in the evening.
Vikingstaff, hubby fell in love with the looks of the ...backside of your boat. Unfortunately the "lighted grill and speaker system", though standard on an R, does NOT look like yours. He was so disappointed. Bennington offered to rig one like yours on the boat we ordered, but we decided we could live with what they offer standard. I can't tell you how excited we are about our new boat. Come on, March!!!

Best feeling in the world: finally completing the decision making process and putting in the order.
Worst feeling in the world: waiting on the boat to be built and delivered.
New best feeling in the world: boat is built and delivered.
New worst feeling in the world (if in the north with a winter order): waiting for summer after boat delivery.
New bestest feeling in the world: you have the new boat, summer has arrived, and you’re on the water.

Congratulations on it all. Cannot wait to see the pictures come next summer!

Swingback is great. We mostly beach our boat and the kids lounge ob the swing back. Like others have said, huge changing space and place to lay down in the sun.

For those of you with a SB, make sure your hardware is tight from the factory as mine was loose and caused significant damage.

Congratulations, Patrick and welcome to the club! She's a sweet looking ship you have there. Enjoy...

Thanks Michiman! Days like today - 60 degrees outside - sure have me itching to get out on the water (floating instead of the standing on or riding on we've been doing lately. Lol)

Congrats! Give us the rest of the details!

Swingback is great. We mostly beach our boat and the kids lounge ob the swing back. Like others have said, huge changing space and place to lay down in the sun.

For those of you with a SB, make sure your hardware is tight from the factory as mine was loose and caused significant damage.
Hubby wants to know...what hardware exactly. Ours won't be here til mid March, but we sure want to follow your advice!!

517EC409-F508-4EC2-9A56-9BBF17001123.jpeg 2A59C64C-70B8-4F4E-B632-69830B9F9419.jpeg Make sure the bolts are tight at the hinges. At some point mine loosened on one side and when one of the kids lifted the swingback the strut pushed the seat up causing the integrated nuts to come right out of the wood.

I would say to contact your dealer and ask for his input

Thanks for the tip! Already put in a claim with the dealer 8 months ago. Thanks

Vikingstaff,

Vikingstaff, hubby fell in love with the looks of the ...backside of your boat. Unfortunately the "lighted grill and speaker system", though standard on an R, does NOT look like yours. He was so disappointed. Bennington offered to rig one like yours on the boat we ordered, but we decided we could live with what they offer standard. I can't tell you how excited we are about our new boat. Come on, March!!!
Hello. We are finalizing our order of an R and checking into getting the chrome " lighted grill and speaker system" instead of the regular one that is on the R. Do you know if there was going to be an additional charge to you for them to switch it? Thanks.

Back