THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

Sorry, thought you might see the humor in the post !!!! How's it going up there. Is it getting any warmer? Did the ice start melting off yet?

Not being a smart ass this time, I'm really wondering how long you have to wait yet, or are you just waiting till new one comes in ?

JUST DON'T STOP FOR GAS THIS TIME !!!!
Haha, oh I SAW the humor in it! Temps are getting warmer, still no open spots on our lake. Happy I'm not still up in my hometown of Thompson, friend of ours drove his truck out to his island cabin yesterday, over the ice. It's still that thick. Still around 3 ft thick. He drives a big Ford F350 Diesel, and he isn't one of those idiots that does it when it's unsafe. I'll be waiting for the new one. I'll probably take my old one to my dealer next week or so, give him a better chance of selling it if it's there. If he can sell it for more before my new one comes in then it will cost me less. That would be nice. He's a good dealer. It will suck to be without a boat, but he's been bending over backwards to make this deal happen. Don't worry, tank will be full BEFORE I hook up, and I got the wife a safety vest, some pylons, a couple flags and an air horn to guide us into gas stations now. I didn't think she needed the hard hat and safety glasses, we keep that for home! wink wink!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Evenings are the best. Finally 70 degrees today and just put her to bed for tonight.

New DIY ramp to hook over the cleat for my old dog to come aboard.

I like the ramp. Great idea. I'll have to see how our dog handles getting on ours when it shows up.

Well it's almost that time, so I got an app for the iPhone to make it easier ..... :)

046B7BB2-6E3C-4819-B56C-27286E4874AC-2757-00000091C06E2A87_zps693eca1b.jpg

Nice! I'll choose the optimistic approach to that timeline instead of loading one in the chamber.

I have that as well SemperFi, mine says 31 days till Rio

Our Benny is coming out next Wednesday, but it's really been a great first season for us after a lot of changes. We sold the old pontoon, tournament ski boat, sail boat, 2 sea kayaks, and 3 cantilever boat lifts, then bought the 2275RCW, ShoreStation hydraulic lift, and a Hobie Outback Mirage kayak.

Downsizing has been very liberating and shutting things down for the season isn't quite so stressful now.

We couldn't be happier with our decision  :)

OK, I'll start my clock too!

What's all this talk about a countdown?   :p

Ours is cleaned just needs the cover on and backed into the back of the shop but need to move the 5th wheel first and clean the back up have a go-cart project and a wood splitter project I need to get out of the way I may have a space problem with a 36' 5th wheel a 22' bennington and a 18' nitro on top of all the other crap stocked in there, craigslist is evil! HA! lucky the nitro wont go in till the lakes freeze up or the fish stop biting. I was thinking of checking in on deer hunting out of the boat. I could cover a lot more ground with that and fish at the same time.

You guys are approaching this all wrong, if you sell your boat at the end of the season you don't have to worry about winterizing, storing etc. You just sign on the line, and a newer one shows up at your dock in the spring! Almost like magic!! 

On a serious note though I know where Tom is coming from. Last year we sold...and try to follow this a (1) 97 25' crest 3, (1)94 bayliner jazz jet boat, (3) Polaris sl650's, (2) seadoo spx's, (2) two place pwc trailers, (1) boat lift, (1) double place jet ski hoist, and (1) aqua cycle water trike.

So far this year we bought our current ski 2001 Polaris virage 1200 (only had 10 original hours on it) and bought the Benny, then sold the Benny and just sold the lift, new buyer is picking it up Saturday. (Future boat will be too heavy and long for it)

Our neighbors probably don't know what to think of all the watercraft that comes in and out over here. We're to watercraft like Smitty is to cars!

Hahaha ..... I was just thinking as I was reading your post, what our neighbors must think. I think we've had at least 10 different vehicles since we moved into our house in 02.
Holy crap .... 10 hours on a 01 ski ??? That's not even broken in yet !!!!
Look at it this way, we are just helping the economy recover ..... Lol !!!

edit: I just figured it out, make that 17 different vehicles in driveway ......  :wacko:

me:  Rav4, S-10, S-10 XTreme, Teal G/A GT, Chevy 4x4, Xterra, Frontier, Fiero GT, 05 Ram, Solstice, 03 Ram, 05 Ram,

her: Black G/A GT, Copper G/A GT, Formula Fiero, GTO, Jeep Wrangler

oh yeah and a TW200 motorcycle ........

187 days n counting ..... just sayin ......  :(

Come on Yamaha with a warranty promotion on the new 200!!! That way I'll have a great present to unwrap this spring!

The marina picked up the Benny from our dock yesterday. Just 15 minutes to take the canopy cover off, fold it up, quick trip to ramp, load onto the trailer, and the first season is done  :(

Withdrawal commences immediately, so the clock is definitely ticking.

We have two weeks yet till I told them they can pull ours .... But I'm still counting down to opening day !!! Gotta have something to look forward to. Oh well this winter will be spent purging the years of stuff we have collected. I wanna move into a shotgun house, but panthergirl, not so much ... LOL !!!!

I'm sure she would as long as we have a big garage. I could live in 500 sf house, but I need a 5000 sf garage .... Lol !!!!!!

Our boat is also coming out this weekend.  Looking back between the crappy weather, especially too much rain, and getting the new lake cabin set up it since we got into boating in the Fall of 2009 this had to be the worst summer and is at the bottom of my list.  Does NOT damper my enthusiasm for next year, start the countdown!

Supposed to go out on Friday but the water has got to be too cold to swim by now...............It's been only in the 70's.............swam on the 18th and it was already a bit chilly! Usually when it gets to cold to jump in...........we put it away. We took it out the 2nd week of October last year.

I'm puling the ski out this Saturday. The boat lift has already been sold and removed so just the pwc lift and dock will need to be removed. I'm ok with cold water until it gets right below waist deep

Believe it or not .Mid 70's in Petoskey today .Went out for about three hours . Would have stayed out longer but we have company from out of town coming today .

Mid 70's & sunny through Saturday .

Mine is not coming out until October ,first or second week .

Back