Thought on standard aluminum ladder and the telescoping stainless ladder

The Cobalt boats have a swim platform on hydraulic cylinders. It will go under the water to allow you to float onto it and then raise you out of the water.  I thought about modifying the swim platform on the big boat.  It would be really expensive but cool.  The sales man said the biggest users are boaters with dogs. 

I would think the biggest users are those with more money than brains  ;)

I go for the option with less maintenance or possibility of failure.

We were going with the telescoping ladder as my wife didn't want a blackout ladder due to it getting hot. Our salesman talked her out of the blackout package so she decided to go with the aluminum ladder (and was glad of it). She was afraid of the telescoping ladder as our last boat had one. She would never raise the ladder as she was afraid she would get pinched. I even had to put a rope on it so she could let it down. 

The Cobalt boats have a swim platform on hydraulic cylinders. It will go under the water to allow you to float onto it and then raise you out of the water.  I thought about modifying the swim platform on the big boat.  It would be really expensive but cool.  The sales man said the biggest users are boaters with dogs. 

A friend of mine has a hell of a time getting his dog in the boat...

Want some opinions  between the aluminum and stainless ladders. I  am a fan of stainless but not to sure about the telescoping as I have never personally tried one. 

Thanks 

I like the look of the telescoping stainless ladder by far but my wife had a broken pelvis several years ago and has not had normal strength since her injury. She tried all of the options out and the curved aluminum was the easiest for her to board the boat so that's what we ended up with.

A friend of mine has a hell of a time getting his dog in the boat...

Has he tried peanut butter? Sorry... wrong forum...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back