WakeFoil - I am Interested - anyone here with experience?

LaurencetheAdventurer

Reaction score
WakeFoils have been around for some time, but I noticed this last year that prices have come down substantially from the $4K mark and appear they will be close to, if not under, the $1K mark as multple vendors hit the market. They appear to offer a very smooth ride compared to a WakeBoard, especially in choppy water from the video's I have seen. Anyone here with actual experience? Any challenges with them behind a WakeBoard? Advice appreciated as a WakeFoil might hit my Birthday list this year! 1705516037581.png

I've seen some powered boards around my lake - they look fantastic! Not sure a pontoon will throw a big enough wake to be all that fun/effective for a foil though. I'd love to see results if you get it - post it up!

I've seen some powered boards around my lake - they look fantastic! Not sure a pontoon will throw a big enough wake to be all that fun/effective for a foil though. I'd love to see results if you get it - post it up!
LOL, not sure of the full nominclature: but I just want to be pulled above the chop! I figure WakeBoard = WakeFoil, WakeSurf = SurfFoil, then there is WingFoil, and is it PowerFoil or ??? when it has it's own propulsion. I will always LOVE WakeBoarding a smooth lake (I just have to get up early....LOL), but that glide of a foil looks next level... I have called a few local shops - they all said no issue - but none have actual experience. The nuances come in that I need a board that will ONLY be used with a pulled skiier (no wake as you noted), this in turn fine tunes choices related to "pumping" & wing design, beam height, board size and features. I have yet to find someone with enough knowledge to convert all this to simple TriToon use.....

LOL, not sure of the full nominclature: but I just want to be pulled above the chop! I figure WakeBoard = WakeFoil, WakeSurf = SurfFoil, then there is WingFoil, and is it PowerFoil or ??? when it has it's own propulsion. I will always LOVE WakeBoarding a smooth lake (I just have to get up early....LOL), but that glide of a foil looks next level... I have called a few local shops - they all said no issue - but none have actual experience. The nuances come in that I need a board that will ONLY be used with a pulled skiier (no wake as you noted), this in turn fine tunes choices related to "pumping" & wing design, beam height, board size and features. I have yet to find someone with enough knowledge to convert all this to simple TriToon use.....
Got it - so you're planning to use a handled tow rope all the time - makes sense, and I'd guess that almost any foil-style towable will work in that regard. Unfortunately I don't have any experience either, but it's on my short list of toys for this summer. Keep us posted!

Back