Welcome to Club Bennington

Welcome vette.  Your son chose well 

I was thinking the same thing

Just wanted to say hello.  Just found this site.  We have owned our 2002 Bennington 2075RL for two years after owning a suntracker regency with i/o

Just repowered it with a 90HP Suzuki, up from the 15HP used for lake fishing in Pennsylvania.

The boat will now be moored in the Rappahannock river and used at Lake Anna, Va from time to time for tubing.

I have added two pics of the boat to the gallery

Welcome aboard mdboater, find much difference between the Suntracker and the Bennington? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard mdboater, find much difference between the Suntracker and the Bennington? :rolleyes:

Yes, I love the build quality and attention to detail that the Bennington has.  The leather is a much higher quality and not delaminating like the seats were in the suntracker.

Plus, not having a v6 inboard to deal with is a bonus all to itself  :)

I bet that v6 was just tearing apart that suntracker. Nothing like screws holding everything together.

I didn't know where to start, so I'll start here.  I took the plunge last week and bought a new 21 SSRX triton, and will take delivery this Saturday morning.  It will be my first boat, so I'm quite intimidated yet very excited to fulfill a long held dream.  We finally moved to Lake Norman last summer (grew up in Rowan County), and it was painful to sit on our neighborhood's beach and watch the boats go by while looking over at our empty slip...

I am having concerns over navigating the lake.  Are there GPS units for boats like in a car, where you input locations on the lake and it plots the course via the water for you?  Everything I find online seems to be a fish finder with GPS.  Maybe an app for the phone, like Wake?  The salesman at the dealer said that he'd be glad to sell me a GPS unit, but that it would be a waste as I'd only use it a couple months at most before learning everything myself.  He's probably right, as by end of summer I'm sure I'll look back on this and laugh at how nervous and intimidated I am right now!

I didn't know where to start, so I'll start here.  I took the plunge last week and bought a new 21 SSRX triton, and will take delivery this Saturday morning.  It will be my first boat, so I'm quite intimidated yet very excited to fulfill a long held dream.  We finally moved to Lake Norman last summer (grew up in Rowan County), and it was painful to sit on our neighborhood's beach and watch the boats go by while looking over at our empty slip...

I am having concerns over navigating the lake.  Are there GPS units for boats like in a car, where you input locations on the lake and it plots the course via the water for you?  Everything I find online seems to be a fish finder with GPS.  Maybe an app for the phone, like Wake?  The salesman at the dealer said that he'd be glad to sell me a GPS unit, but that it would be a waste as I'd only use it a couple months at most before learning everything myself.  He's probably right, as by end of summer I'm sure I'll look back on this and laugh at how nervous and intimidated I am right now!

Maybe this guy can help you learn the lake. http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/profile/1200-cwag911/&wr=eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J1bXMiLCJtb2R1bGUiOiJmb3J1bXMtY29tbWVudCIsImlkXzEiOjU5MTEsImlkXzIiOjc5NTI0fQ%3D%3D

Oh Carl!! You're needed.

I use an old cell phone, a 5.7" Boost phone with a bad serial number, but working gps to power an app called navionics
US& Canada.  Think it cost me 75 or so all in.  Worth it though for the rivers and channels I navigate in the Chesapeake bay region.

photos:

high level map

detailed map showing depth

I'm in Mooresville.  I just saw where it's going to be cool and windy Saturday for delivery.  We're practicing with the "Delivery Captain" for an hour and a half, then it's on my own! 

I'm in Mooresville.  I just saw where it's going to be cool and windy Saturday for delivery.  We're practicing with the "Delivery Captain" for an hour and a half, then it's on my own! 

Let us know and we'll be glad to help out.

Let us know and we'll be glad to help out.

I appreciate it!  We went Friday afternoon instead as I was not going to try my maiden voyage and docking in 30 mph winds Saturday morning.  Made it in just fine!  Even took is back out for a cruise after work with the wife and kids yesterday (Monday).  We can't wait until break-in period is up and we can really test her out.

Sounds like you're having fun and that's what it's all about. Enjoy.

Hello Dr B DDS! Welcome to the family and we all know that you will just love your Benni and what it will mean to your family. In just a couple of times out all your apprehensions will give way to shear fun and joy!

I guess this is the place for a first post.  Soon to be Bennington owner.  First pontoon, third boat.  Started with a Sea Doo jet, moved to a Glastron jet, now moving to a 2016 2375 RCW.

Loan was just approved, will sign the paperwork this week, and hopefully take delivery shortly after.

It was a whirlwind, spur of the moment.  We were supposed to drop the Glastron in the water on Saturday, and were instead filling out Bennington papwerwork.

Welcome Dub9, Michigan sure looks like a hotbed of boating

Back