Welcome to Club Bennington

Welcome to the group! Sounds like a very nice boat. You will enjoy it and the "Bennington Family" that hangs around here.

Here are some interior shots from the dealership.  The few interior shots I have now have people in them, and don't really show the boat.  This boat has the "club" seating in the rear, and the u-shaped bar amidships.  There are two bar stools along the bow side of the bar, in the space where the port gate is.  We rarely used the side gate on my previous boat, as people always boarded from the front (one of the reasons we didn't opt for the bow filler seat).  I actually had the dealer add a third stool in the area in between the two sides of the bar (inside the "U").  When we took our brief maiden voyage, that was one seat that was always occupied!  I'll send a photo of that seat when I have it.

100_2779_zpsdovgjvbd.jpg

100_2772_zpsijvdyouh.jpg

I guess my wife took a couple that I didn't know we had...

This one is of the added stool in front of the bar

image2_zpssyacsctf.jpg

And this one was from the front toward the back

image3_zpsnjdnvsxz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the club and congrats on a beautiful boat!!!

Bennington offers so many layouts.  That is a great setup for those that like hanging out in a great bay or sandbar 

What???  Only 19 cupholders???

Seems like there's a foot or two of space under the rear three cupholders just in front of the stern fence...  Is that storage space?  Is there a pop-up changing room stuffed in there?  Batteries in there maybe?

Fun to see these new model pictures.  Many of us with older boats don't get to see the latest and greatest except from the new people on the forum that post their pictures.  This is a great way for the new folks to "give back" to the forum.  Keep putting up photos!

By the way, I really like that floor plan.  Bennington's early attempt at a "bar" boat was not the best.  This one nailed it. 

We use our boat for day trips on Lake Nacimiento.  We regularly have a bunch of people on the boat, either on the water, or beached somewhere.  On our old boat, we had a small BBQ/Galley, but it really had no prep space on it.  We had the obligatory rear couch table, which we used, but was really too small as it was crowded with condiments, and chips and such.  This bar set-up was just what we were looking for.  Not so tall and big that it was overly obtrusive, but substantial enough that it would work as a great prep station, and "hub" of the boat.  As I looked at the other club seating boats without the bar, it seemed like we were giving up seating for 2 people by having the bar there.  With Bennington's innovative idea of putting the two bar stools in the void where the port gate is, I got those two seats back!  And with us adding a third seat on the stern side of the bar, we even gained a seat.  Now, these seats aren't as comfortable as the plush couches, but they are seats none-the-less.  There is still plenty of plush couch space in the rest of the boat.

To answer the question about the space below the cup holders in the stern.  The area underneath the cup holders holds the two batteries.  They are accessible through a small door in the rear, right in front of the ski/tow bar.  I had the dealer install an inverter in this space too, so I can just leave my air pump plugged in back there, and pull it out when the time comes to inflate the toys.  I had them put a two outlet inverter so outlet will be for that air pump, and the other outlet holds a short cord that extends into the underseat storage in the back, in case I need to plug something else in.  The inverter also has 2 USB connections so I can keep the MP3 Player/Phones charged up while parked.

Lastly, I had the dealer install 2 speakers in that rear void space as well.  These face the back of the boat, and are for the times when we are floating and want to listen to music without blasting out the people still inside the boat.  I had them put a wired remote control next to the speakers as well (you can see this in the first photo I posted).  The changing room is behind the front port lounge, although we will never use it.

We got the ivory interior as well. I LOVE the look of the darker brown interiors...I think it's a great and classy look.  However, it is easily 90+ degrees in the summer here, and anything that would keep it cooler was a plus, so the white worked for us. 

Congrats, and welcome to the family.

We want pics, we want pics ..... :)

Hi Club Bennington,

After several hours of research and tons of feedback from the group my order if finalized.  Thanks for having a great forum to help me out with my first ever Pontoon.   I will post pictures upon arrive in late April.  

24 SSRXPDF

150HP 4S 

Matador Red w/ midnight black accent panel

Black bimini top w/ blue ice lighting

Blacked out package

Napa beige interior with tuscan accent pillowtop diamond upholstery

Extended Aft Deck

LED Dock lights stainless steel

4 step stainless steel ladder

G series helm chair w/ adjustable pedestal

In-floor storage

Ski tow bar

Flag holder

Blue Ice console panel exchange

Blue Ice side illumination

Sea Star hydrualic steering w/ tilt

Platinum sea grass flooring

Kicker KMC10 stereo w/ illuminated speakers

Bow gate seat

2 Graywood tables

Dual battery w/ stitch

Privacy curtain

Heavy duty rub rail

Blue led cup holders

Echo 101 garmin

Congratulations .

Ask your dealer about the Shark Hide

Its a "protective "coating for the pontoons .

It helps from tarnishing and make it somewhat easier to clean ,if you keep up with it .

You still may be able to add it to the factory order 

http://www.sharkhide.com/

Looks like a nice build! can't wait to see photos when it comes in. I see you are on the Zukey lake chain. I am up in Howell on Thompson lake.

Spar-Toon - Which hull did you get?  SPS?

When I ordered mine I should have just had them do the Sharkhide.  I've since put it on myself (pretty simple) but getting to the inside tubes is a chore.  I think it's well worth it to keep your tubes looking good.  They will discolor very quickly with nothing on them.

I'd really consider the sps package. It is night and day difference when boating with a pontoon. Worth pulling back on some of the frills to get the added performance. Especially since you are putting the 150 on the back.

+1 with what Lakeliving said

Congratulations .

Ask your dealer about the Shark Hide
Hey Jack, My boat at back at the mfg. They are willing to do the Shark Hide for me. Is it worth it? What are the pros and cons?

Back