Well, the time has come to say goodbye...

Congrats Andy. I know you've had this goal for awhile. I really envy you. Seems like the older I get, the more scared I am of changing jobs. Maybe next m just scared of having to move all my crap .... :D
I hope you find your dream home near the water...... ;)

Congratulations! I see calm seas and fair winds ahead for you.

Wow, congrats! You've been talking about going somewhere warmer -- glad it worked out for you, and that you, the wife, and the little guy will get more time on the Benny!

It will be a journey. We're zipping down in a few weeks to secure an apartment and will start the house hunt.

Congratulations Andy!! I wish I was ballsy enough to make a move like that! Great to hear it’s all working out, if the only thing you have to worry about is transporting a boat and some watercraft you have it licked! I wish you and your family the best in this adventure!

That's GREAT NEWS LakeLiving. Know you have been looking forward to this for some time and am very happy for you and your family.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm excited to see how the boat handles bigger water. Need to study up on crossing large wakes etc. Sucks selling our life up here in MI piece by piece. It's not the item but the memories that have been made with them. Onwards and upwards I guess.

Just clearing the path to make create more memories, I’m sure this journey will be a memorable time for each of your family members. I’m sure the kids will remember this for a long time it come.

Great point of view! We already have some family coming down in February to see us! I knew that wouldn't take long!

Great point of view! We already have some family coming down in February to see us! I knew that wouldn't take long!
Funny, we've been here since 2006 and have had very few visitors. A guy I worked with has been here each year with his family since we moved. He's the only steady one.

You live on the wrong side of the lake!

Congratulations Andy! Exciting times ahead for you. I have moved 3 times during my career and it is always exciting to learn a new part of the country. Enjoy the adventure it is what life is all about.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm excited to see how the boat handles bigger water. Need to study up on crossing large wakes etc. Sucks selling our life up here in MI piece by piece. It's not the item but the memories that have been made with them. Onwards and upwards I guess.

New memories will be made......
Large wakes? Time it then gun it!!! Ha!
Visitors?!? Build it and they will come. We've had every family member except one come visit plus countless friends and colleagues. It's been almost like a Holiday Inn Godinez house. But it was far busier in Virginia. Used to live right off 95 and everybody we knew that lived north would stop in on their way south.

I think we'll see a lot of people from October to March. Then we'll be back up to visit a few times in the summer when the heat is unbearable! I just hope it doesn't turn into a holiday inn like you had Daril. I'm looking into getting my captains license so when friends and family come down they won't need to buy a fishing license. I'll be their "charter" captain.

Sorry to see you go but it sounds like the stars have aligned for this opportunity. Are you staying in the same industry? Congratulations and happy 365 boating...

View attachment 21146 56E917AB-E9D2-4B90-BB39-D12F92450584.jpeg View attachment 21148

You'll be fine. You know that my wife and I took our two log toon down to Panama City Beach last summer, and cruised the coast line. We stayed about 800 - 1500 yrds off of the sand for the most part, and loved it. I don't know how far you are planning on going out, or whether you'll be on the east or the west side of the peninsula, but that 3 log and 200 HP should be a great ride. You'll love that beautiful ocean water.

Last edited:
Sorry to see you go but it sounds like the stars have aligned for this opportunity. Are you staying in the same industry? Congratulations and happy 365 boating...

Same industry

It will be a while until I venture off shore, and even then we'll stay within sight of land (my wife likes to see land at all times)

Since this will be a long tow with the boat I'm looking for any tips and tricks. I need to order mirror extenders so I can actually see going down the road. Also, my trailer has little 12" wheels so that makes me a little nervous. I do have a spare but hopefully I won't need it. I've done some research and if memory serves me right these tires are supposed to be 80psi cold. Should they really be inflated to that figure???? Seems high. I'll of course hit all bearings with a couple pumps of the grease gun as well before taking off. I'll have my floor jack and associated tools as well should the spare be called into duty.

Definitely a spare, if not 2. When we towed our horses I always took along an infrared thermometer, checked the hubs and tire temps at every stop. ~$15 bucks on Amazon and easy to do without even getting dirty. We caught a bearing going out a couple times, but before the hub got cooked. A 1/2" or 3/8" impact/driver with a lug bolt socket also works wonders.

Back