Well, the time has come to say goodbye...

Yikes! Sorry to hear that.

At Cocoa Beach the weather is in the 50s & low 60s the rest of the week and the current ocean temperature is 70. Lakeliving is south of me about 1.5 hours so I imagine it is probably 4-5 degrees warmer

Vikingstaff, sorry to hear about this tragedy. Don't know how I missed reading it yesterday

Beautiful area. My dad and step mom’s winter home was just outside Ocala National Forest. It was actually just outside the park on an afternoon cruise on their motorcycle that they were hit by a distracted “utility” worker and killed in Oct. 2015.

Enjoyed visiting them few times down there, but haven’t been back to that area since their accident.
Suzi and I had a really close call in 2005 and Suzi wouldn't get back on the bike again. I rode it for a while to work but it wasn't the same so I sold it before we moved down here. It's usually the other drivers. Sorry for your loss. I still miss my Harley.

I’d love to have a bike but too many a holes on the roads living on their phones. My son needs a dad more than I need the open road.

Suzi and I had a really close call in 2005 and Suzi wouldn't get back on the bike again. I rode it for a while to work but it wasn't the same so I sold it before we moved down here. It's usually the other drivers. Sorry for your loss. I still miss my Harley.

I hear you. I rode when younger, probably due to riding with my dad as a kid. However, I sold my old Honda Nighthawk after getting married and my wife and I having our first child.

Thought about taking it up a few times over the years, but everytime I did, someone I knew had a close call culminating with my dad and step moms tragedy. It’s wonderful to get out on a motorcycle, but so darn easy for someone else’s distraction or poor driving to injure or kill you.

I have now graduated to pontoons and snowmobiles for Motorsport fun. ;)

I’d love to have a bike but too many a holes on the roads living on their phones. My son needs a dad more than I need the open road.

Yup! That totally sums it up for me since the age of 24 when we had our first kid.

I did the motocross scene when I was a young adult, plus had a road bike. I grew out of those and into the quads. Then got out of all of it.
My wife's dad has been in a wheelchair for about 30 years now. It was all his fault for acting stupid. My wife was 18 at the time. He decided to show off and go too fast; was doing around 85 when the bike went into a high speed wobble. He crashed into a tree and severed his spine. Was/is paralyzed from the chest down.

I did the motocross scene when I was a young adult, plus had a road bike. I grew out of those and into the quads. Then got out of all of it.
My wife's dad has been in a wheelchair for about 30 years now. It was all his fault for acting stupid. My wife was 18 at the time. He decided to show off and go too fast; was doing around 85 when the bike went into a high speed wobble. He crashed into a tree and severed his spine. Was/is paralyzed from the chest down.

Oh geez. We’ve all been there and take for granted walking away unscathed. Sorry to hear about the accident. There are no do-overs unfortunately.

Looks like we hijacked your thread. :cool:

It’s all good!

He's reached his destination, and he's not saying goodbye any longer, so the thread almost had to go somewhere else, anyway. :):D

Now, we're just waiting for those warm weather pics to come through. The cold weather is moving out very soon, so those pics should start flowing though within a week or so.

The boat created so much drag behind the truck it created a vacuum and pulled the jet stream down thus filtering cold air into the region! My bad.

Last edited:
Now that’s funny!!!!

The boat created so much drag behind the truck I created a vacuum and pulled the jet stream down thus filtering cold air into the region! My bad.

The boat created so much drag behind the truck I created a vacuum and pulled the jet stream down thus filtering cold air into the region! My bad.
So that is what caused the Bomb Cyclone?

Benni bomb go boom! I know them Chevys tow good but damn!

Back