Well, we did it!

I sure hope to meet you some day in person Derrick.
Well I mean no offense, but I kinda hope Suzi isn't with you if we do, she's liable to smack me upside the head for all these ideas!! Haha I'm hoping someway, somehow to make it next year for the club event! If all the stars align no one will have holidays booked and I can sneak down. I'm dying to see it all after all you guys talking about it!!!! It would be great to see all the people that made my dream boat happen, well THIS dream boat anyways!

Haha, maybe I can have my own booth at the event "Come meet the crazy Canadian!!" haha

I hate to burst your bubble Derrick (mines already busted), but there's not going to be an event next year in Indiana. TB said not enough people at the event for the time and effort ( in so many words). I was looking forward to doing it next year as well. She did say they might be doing regional events though. BTW, Suzi doesn't read the posts, I just show her pics of your boat. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they change their mind!! It sounds like top shelf event!! I think I just cried a little. :(

I hate to burst your bubble Derrick (mines already busted), but there's not going to be an event next year in Indiana. TB said not enough people at the event for the time and effort ( in so many words). I was looking forward to doing it next year as well. She did say they might be doing regional events though. BTW, Suzi doesn't read the posts, I just show her pics of your boat. B)
I was afraid of that too. Disappointing, but not at all surprising given the investment they made as a company to do it.

Perhaps they could combine it with a factory direct/dealer supported sale since dealers are there in the previous days as it is.

I'll not get the jeans and get that bigger mirror instead. BAM! She can't say I'm wasting money if I'm buying the same thing she is, and if the mental decision was already made to spend the money, then it doesn't matter anymore.
So how many complaints do you get a week for not wearing pants on your route?
Well I'm glad we made it down there this year. Maybe if it was on a Saturday there would be a better turn out. I'm surprised it is not at the plant as well. Probably save a lot of money too. Less cost to rent the facility, hail all those boats etc.

Pretty sure you mean how much extra do I make in tips!!! Hehe oh man, I have so many one liners about delivering packages that I'll just keep them to myself, keep it PG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pics Derrick's wife!

I was afraid of that too. Disappointing, but not at all surprising given the investment they made as a company to do it.

Perhaps they could combine it with a factory direct/dealer supported sale since dealers are there in the previous days as it is.
Well yes and no, Absolutely there is a substantial cost to it, BUT a large part of that will happen regardless of a club event or not. They will still be doing a dealer show, so they will still be spending all the time and effort and money to set it up and rent the facility. Now granted the rental will be for a shorter time frame so money will be saved there, it seems that attendees received some free swag, which is great, but maybe that could be cut down on slightly. Maybe there is the possibility of doing the dealers one day and the club the next, instead of having the extra day in between. One thing that hasn't been measured is the ROI, Return On Investment. Now I realize that is something quite difficult to gauge, but look at how impressed all of us are with the company for doing something for its EXISTING owners, AND WE WEREN'T EVEN THERE!! As well as possible owners that are like I was originally and research the crap out of everything I do. I think one good thing for Bennington to do would be to talk to all the different staff that were there and try to gauge how many people were there INQUIRING about new models because they were looking to purchase a first Bennington, or upgrade from their current Bennington. Something tells me that if I was ever at an event like this when I was CONSIDERING buying a boat, there would be no doubt in my mind which brand I would be buying. A company that is willing to go through all this effort to have people on board to answer questions and explain exactly how things are done is an invaluable sales tool. We always say that Bennington is the "Cadillac" of pontoon companies, well, I feel this event is one of the things that take them to that higher level. Don't get me wrong, with or without the event, there is no doubt in my mind what a stand up company they are, and it makes me feel proud to tell people I own a Bennington. Even though many of the people I'm telling really have no clue just how great they are, I know, and that's what makes me feel proud about it. I do truly hope they sit down and re-evaluate the concept, I know it is still a year away, so lots of time for decisions, but look at the excitement it creates on this board, and how that in turn causes all the members to be more active talking and commenting on new models and packages, options available, and also how it helps inform prospective buyers. If you said to me "we have a hybrid top available. It folds down part way and you can mount it to the rails" I wouldn't have the slightest clue what the heck you are talking about. BUT since Tom and others took pics of it and its operation, you now have an option that people can see and decide if they like, and decide if they will order it. The pics were posted on here of the StanCraft, I ask my fellow members, how many people that are NOT on this site did you show the pictures to? I know I have sent out a few messages with attachments on them!! It's an amazing looking boat. I would have loved to have made it this year, and imagine how much you couldn't shut me up about all the new stuff if I HAD been there!! haha Biggest thing is trying to let everyone know as soon as possible so plans can be changed, tickets can be booked, arrangements can be made. I don't know Bennington's end of it and how/when they decide to announce the date, but the sooner the better as far as attendance goes. Sorry this is all one paragraph, for some reason my 'Enter" button doesn't work on this site, weird I know.

I am really thankful that Bennington thought enough of the Club Bennington owners that they would invite us to the event. We did talk to a Bennington person that had stated that they were looking at regional events. That would be nice and easier for people to get to but they won't have dozens of models for you to look at. That was the biggest benefit to us. We went on every boat to see what we liked and what we would not what on a new boat. We would go again if they choose to hold it.

Sure, but whats regional in Canada? There is only one dealer in Manitoba and one in Saskatchewan, and basically one or two in the other provinces, not very big of a get together.

Back