What boat did you order?

Welcome Kevin! I am in your part of the world. Where are you planning to boat? Do you live on a lake or trailering?

Oh...and maintaining the water system...old trick from my big-boat days... Vodka. Put a cup of vodka in the tank when you finish up on the weekend. Slosh it around. Run the sink to pull the vodka water mix into the lines. Leave it that way for the week. After a couple 4 or 5 days, pump the tank empty and refill with water. Do that 3 or 4 times a season.

Dan,

I would seriously reconsider the Sea Grass flooring, if your deciding factor was due to someone telling you it was too hot.  I have heard amazing feedback on the teak flooring and I purchased it myself on my boat. I think that you will be very pleased with the teak. Either way, good luck and happy boating! 

You mean drink the tank empty, right?

22 SSX

SPS

F150

full seagrass floor

In floor storage

G-helm seat

pro angler station

upgraded bass seats

trolling motor hook up

stainless docking lights

SS prop

extra rectangler table

2 cup holders

46" ski pylon

premium Bluetooth stereo

Matte maple trin

March 6th delivey.

Many thanks to all forum members who were a huge help in the mind-boggling number of options on our new boat.

Also can't say enough about Taylor Marine in Belleville, IL (Southern IL) and also Wyland's Marine in Elkhart, IN (Northern IN). Both Todd Taylor and Greg Wyland are very down-to-earth and were awesome to work with. Only disappointment was we couldn't buy a boat from both of them. If you are anywhere close to either of them and are in the market, do yourself a favor and give them a call.

Over about 9 months, we traveled many states, visited countless dealers, and looked at hundreds of boats. In the end, here is our build (scheduled for next week):

2575 RCWCP Blackout

Yamaha 250 SHO

Midnight Black

Sandstone Pillow-top with Graphite Accent

ESP

Elevated Helm

Dual Battery

Full Designer Vinyl Flooring

Snap-out Platinum Herringbone carpet

Illuminated Wetsounds LED speakers (6)

Echo 300 Garmin

Additional Sony Stereo Remote (to be dealer installed in aft as opposed to rear lounger)

Curved Bimini

LED Cupholders

Porta Potti

Rub Rail Protectors

Sharkhide (factory first coat due to winter build/shipping, dealer will install 2nd coat)

Washdown

Custom Bear trailer with polished mag wheels, 9k lb Fulton swing-away and too many other options to list

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jeff,

We are a block from Delavan Lake. We keep the boat on a lift at a friends house on the lake. Great deal, we don't have to pay the property taxes!

I will have a hard time pouring the vodka in the tank, as my preffered cocktail is a vodka martini, up, with olives, but I think I can manage it!

Thanks for the help,

Kevin

Many thanks to all forum members who were a huge help in the mind-boggling number of options on our new boat.

Also can't say enough about Taylor Marine in Belleville, IL (Southern IL) and also Wyland's Marine in Elkhart, IN (Northern IN). Both Todd Taylor and Greg Wyland are very down-to-earth and were awesome to work with. Only disappointment was we couldn't buy a boat from both of them. If you are anywhere close to either of them and are in the market, do yourself a favor and give them a call.

Over about 9 months, we traveled many states, visited countless dealers, and looked at hundreds of boats. In the end, here is our build (scheduled for next week):

2575 RCWCP Blackout

Yamaha 250 SHO

Midnight Black

Sandstone Pillow-top with Graphite Accent

ESP

Elevated Helm

Dual Battery

Full Designer Vinyl Flooring

Snap-out Platinum Herringbone carpet

Illuminated Wetsounds LED speakers (6)

Echo 300 Garmin

Additional Sony Stereo Remote (to be dealer installed in aft as opposed to rear lounger)

Curved Bimini

LED Cupholders

Porta Potti

Rub Rail Protectors

Sharkhide (factory first coat due to winter build/shipping, dealer will install 2nd coat)

Washdown

Custom Bear trailer with polished mag wheels, 9k lb Fulton swing-away and too many other options to list
NICE BOAT! That 250 SHO is going to move!

I see four new members just on this page alone!

You guys keep coming back and keep posting, ya hear?

Especially pics of your boats!

Thanks! We hope it does well. Just sold a runabout with a 7.4 I/O and we know we're going to lose some speed but expect to do lots of tubing and skiing with the kids, just with a much better ride and tons more useable space. Based on a test drive of a used 2011 we were considering, we should be more than pleased. Got almost 20 years out of the last one (just outgrew it) and planning for this one to take us up to and maybe through retirement.

You bet. Learned a ton from this forum (and still am). Hope I can contribute as well - the least we could do. From what we've seen from the shows and dealers, would expect a bunch of new owners and members this year.

I see four new members just on this page alone!

You guys keep coming back and keep posting, ya hear?
Especially pics of your boats!

2015 22 SFX Dual Stern Gates - 

Mercury 150 with S/S prop

Twin Elliptical Freshwater performance package

Sea Star Hydraulic with tilt

Smokey Granite with Regatta Blue Accent panels

G series recliners up front

G series Helm chair

Deluxe bass seats aft

2 livewells and rear fishing station

Marine Tuff-ply

Kicker Speaker Upgrade

Starboard lid upgrade on storage boxes

Trolling Motor harness and Gate 12V 

Sharkhide

Ski Pylon

We were at the Cincinnati boat show and went to the Bennington Dealer display to look at the new Q windshield model for fun.  They had this 22 SFX on display.  We looked at it and decided that if we ordered a boat it would have these options.  Got fair price on it after upgrading to the 150 from the 115. As the forum knows, the 115 is not enough motor no matter what the dealer tells you.  Also because we looked at it during the boat show got the 5 year warranty on the engine.  

Probably the fastest case of P.A.D.S infection and cure.  

Now, I need somebody to really want a 12 year old toon.  

G series Helm chair

Deluxe bass seats aft

Marine Tuff-ply

Kicker Speaker Upgrade

Sharkhide

Ski Pylon

We were at the Cincinnati boat show and went to the Bennington Dealer display to look at the new Q windshield model for fun.  They had this 22 SFX on display.  We looked at it and decided that if we ordered a boat it would have these options.  Got fair price on it after upgrading to the 150 from the 115. As the forum knows, the 115 is not enough motor no matter what the dealer tells you.  Also because we looked at it during the boat show got the 5 year warranty on the engine.  

Well done!

Perhaps we need a new class of PADS for a TWO(!) Bennington household ;-)

G series Helm chair

Deluxe bass seats aft

Marine Tuff-ply

Kicker Speaker Upgrade

Sharkhide

Ski Pylon

For not much more you can upgrade the Mercury warranty to a 7 year platinum .

I just put a deposit on a 2015 2575RSD with a 150 hp Evinrude E Tec. Boat looks to have everything I want, I was concerned about the 150HP, it's the max for this boat but I read somewhere top speed was 18mph? I could possibly swim faster than that, is that correct?  Be interested to know others thoughts on this engine on this particular boat - I don't want buyers regret before taking possession of the boat. Boat show price was 59k from the list price of 77K, a 30% discount.   

Interesting to me and off the topic.  I was looking at replacing our tow vehicle this year.  It is in great shape but i put lots of miles on my trucks and need to either keep them long enough that the mileage doesn't matter when selling or update when the mileage is decent for resell.  Checked around and the best discount for a 2015 Suburban is 5% off list.  Wasn't willing to pay that for "new"

We expect 20% to 30% off on new boats and most sales are discounted that much.  The business model seems to be backwards.  Usually small sales volume equals higher margins.  I wonder if the high list price goes on the boats to make us feel good about what we spend.

I just put a deposit on a 2015 2575RSD with a 150 hp Evinrude E Tec. Boat looks to have everything I want, I was concerned about the 150HP, it's the max for this boat but I read somewhere top speed was 18mph? I could possibly swim faster than that, is that correct?  Be interested to know others thoughts on this engine on this particular boat - I don't want buyers regret before taking possession of the boat. Boat show price was 59k from the list price of 77K, a 30% discount.   
What toons are on the boat?  Does it have strakes?

That is a big boat for a 150.

I saw a two toon no strakes R at a local dealer with a tower and a 150.... Seems like ordering the ferrari with a 4 banger. Looks nice but the performance would be terrible. Curious to hear from railmonkey

It has dual pontoons, not sure about a strake - if its what I think it is then I don't know - I know very little about pontoons, just liked the interior and the idea of an outside living space. It was only after I purchased I started to research the engine sizes. Next to my boat at the show was a 300hp engine but it was tough to justify the additional expense - plus the sales guy told me the 150 would suit my needs.      

Back