What is NOT Allowed on Your Boat?

kaydano

Reaction score
We had the food thread similar to this, which was partially to find some new boat food ideas (we always seem to bring the same stuff) and also which foods to stay away from.

This question expands into those things besides food (but can include food, so feel free to post those too) that could stain or otherwise damage your boat.

What is NOT allowed on your boat?

In our State park ... a motor over 20 hp ...... :(  , needless to say, no alcohol either .... :rolleyes:  , but especially not allowed, is people that don't appreciate just hanging out, or cruising around slowly seeing the sights .... if you aint happy on our boat ...you walk the plank !!! :D

Smoking .

Dogs, smoking and tea-totalers!

And unless you are potty training, no "major transactions" in the portapottie, only minor transactions!

We live by the motto, "When we are on your boat, we'll do things your way!"

Shoes, smoking, most food and anything sharp on the seats

I forgot about shoes ,all suntan lotions ,oils and sunblocks (unless it is natural ) or sprays .

And of course ,none of these 

Last edited by a moderator:
No pouty faces or pissy people. I also strongly discourage bikini tops.

Ha ha ha.  I try to keep my bikini top off as much as possible, but hey, sometimes there are situations where you just have to wear one.

The suntan lotion/spray is a topic in itself.  I have not had stains on the seats yet, but I also don't know what to allow or not allow.  I thought I read somewhere that it was the propellant in the sprays that caused the stains?  Anyone actually test this on some scrap Benny vinyl?  If we knew two or three brands/types that didn't stain, I think a lot of us would just keep plenty of it on-board for guests to use....

No whiners here either.

My pet peeve though, is people who stand up and move around the boat while we're on plane. I usually stop the boat and tell them to sit or go home. Not allowed!

A quick sudden deceleration stops that behavior, or a blip of the throttle. It is amazing how fast their cheeks find vinyl.

I'd have to agree with no smoking.

+1 for no smoking and no shoes!

Jack

No shoes, No flip-flops NO GLASS  Beer in a cans only No running. No blocking the captains view, on board, in the water, or if lucky on the shore.

No red wine unless in a spill proof container, no smoking, and no frowns!

Steve

OK, I just got off line with FingerHut, I ordered that, plastic seat cover stuff that "Dads" used in the 1960's to protect their seat covers in automobiles.

I am excited on how it will look and feel in the "Texas" sun this season. Oh I forgot to tell you , We see Bimini Tops as a slow down device down here.

Then we can use any lotion to get "unstuck" on the vinyl. Great ideal Huh?

Total cost All seats, to do an "R" 2575,$1942.62 . Not counting installation.

Joe R

Smoking....as a rookie boater I allowed  my buddy to smoke his little cigar on the boat last year, and he was drinking a little too much as well.  It wasn't till the next day when cleaning out the trash can that my wife noticed  he had put the butt in the trash and there was a plastic coke bottle there with a small melted portion on it.  Thank God he didn't put it in contact with any paper. Now nobody can smoke on the boat, a rule that everyone agrees with. 

JoeR..........

How is that plastic stuff installed on the seats/upholstery????? Reminds me of back in the day of going to somebodies house that had the couch/furniture in the "show" living room that you couldn't sit on..............

I love my bimini top! Sure you might lose a couple MPH when it's up.............but it does it's job when we're eating or trying to relax and the sun is not beating on your head............

Back