What is NOT Allowed on Your Boat?

Nice! I'll have to get a pic of my boss on here, then pray she never finds out!!!

One time my buddy brought some M-80's onto the boat to toss off the back and watch them go BOOM....  attracted the dang sheriff's boat who came looking around for the culprit...  never found out it was us, but I don't want to get a ticket, or get kicked off the lake, so I said "never again"!!!

Explosives.  Didn't think there would be anything worse than a campfire.  But, yeah, explosives definitely should not be allowed on a boat.

Nothing better than bottle rockets on a house boat.  We would take grosses of them.  It did get dicey when the house boats started launching them at each other.

I agree with banning the red drinks, smoking, and spray lotions.  I would add free loaders.  At the very least people can bring one towel to the lake.  For a day cruise maybe they could bring a bottle of wine to share.  Some contribution should be expected when hosted for a day on the lake.  :)

Good point! I don't think people realize how much money boating costs between the boat, gas, maintenance, insurance in addition to the other incidentals. I wouldn't take a dime for having them out but the offer would be appreciated.

I'm different, if offered, I accept. Especially being retired.

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant it as I wouldn't invite someone over for the day, then charge them or expect any type of reimbursement. If they invite themselves over or stop it, I may think otherwise!

I understand Andy.   :wacko:

Note to self, go boating with Andy not Carl. Hehe, just kidding!! I'd love to go boating with either of you! I know what you mean though, I full day of ripping around and tubing is probably $120 in fuel, $60 in fuel getting to and from the lake, another $50 in drinks and snacks, plus at least an hour of combined prep time and cleaning when returned time! That being said, it sure is a lot of fun getting out on the lake with some good friends, for some good laughs! 

With our old boat we were did not have that many rules. The biggest was no smoking and cheez-it they are had to get out of wet carpet. The new boat their will be a lot more rules. If the friends don't like it we have a big dock for them to have fun on.

I have a friend who told me he was going to smoke on my boat .

Guess who did Not go on my boat last year ?

My rules or You Will Stay Home ! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I, like Smitty, like a good cigar while we're beached or just floating around. Nothing goes on while underway though.    B)

I would love a cigar .

I gave them up over 10 years ago when my wife quit smoking .

I didn't think it was fair for me to have a cigar in front of her when she was trying to quit after 30 some years ..

You're a good man Jack.

You're a good man Jack.
Thanks ,Carl .I know she appreciated it .

Now if only some this snow would melt .I could get to some sap collecting and syrup making .

I'll definately buy some if you're selling. There's nothing like the real thing.

I'll definately buy some if you're selling. There's nothing like the real thing.
I have some snow, and melted snow for sale. ;) ... Oh, I bet you were talking about the syrup... Nevermind...LOL

Back