What is your favorite "Boat Food"?

No cheezits or cheese doodles allowed on our toon.   :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
We only eat stuff like that on the rear lounger sitting off the rear of the toon. Only food allowed "in the boat" is stuff that doesn't leave a trail of crumbs. Anything messy gets eaten back on the vinyl section. I'm anal, but the boat will look like new if and when I trade/sell. I still have PADS under control so I'm good for now ..... :)

You don't control it, it controls you!

No cheezits or cheese doodles allowed on our toon.   :angry:
Yup we learned real quick! We were rookies back then........

While we are on the topic of food crumbs and such . Does any one know of a rechargeable / battery operated wet / dry vacuum ?

I have a rechargeable B&D ,but it is for dry only .

Thanks 

While we are on the topic of food crumbs and such . Does any one know of a rechargeable / battery operated wet / dry vacuum ?

I have a rechargeable B&D ,but it is for dry only .

Thanks 
I found out most of these suck, literally, not the cleaning type of suck either. Great for DRY cleanup, but sucking water out of carpet, I doubt it. Standing water, or the surface water in the nap, probably. Deep water, nope. Won't have the suction power needed.

That's why I bought a portable generator, and use my real shop vac. Then I run the heavy duty floor fan to dry it.

Kind of expensive initially, but now I had a reason to get a portable generator (Andy knows what I mean by that).

I had seen that previously ,unless you have the complete Dewalt setup it is not at all cost effective .

I actually have the Dewalt DC500 http://www.dewalt.com/tools/cordless-specialty-cordless-vacuums-dc500.aspx that is what I used to suck all the water out of my center toon. I used it and two sections of my shop vac "wand" worked pretty good actually. Now, that being said, I did find that for "drying" carpet it wasn't as great. It suck up about 5-6 gallons out of the toon no problem, but I found my plug in Bissel Little Green Machine did work good for the carpet, and I like that you can see the water being sucked out of the carpet right at the head so you know which spots still need more suction. 

I actually have the Dewalt DC500 http://www.dewalt.com/tools/cordless-specialty-cordless-vacuums-dc500.aspx that is what I used to suck all the water out of my center toon. I used it and two sections of my shop vac "wand" worked pretty good actually. Now, that being said, I did find that for "drying" carpet it wasn't as great. It suck up about 5-6 gallons out of the toon no problem, but I found my plug in Bissel Little Green Machine did work good for the carpet, and I like that you can see the water being sucked out of the carpet right at the head so you know which spots still need more suction. 
I actually had that in my shopping cart then I noticed ,it does not include a battery or charging system .If I had bought Dewalt instead of another brand years ago .That would be exactly what I need .

It does also plug in which is why I went with it. You can buy one of their radios, they function as a charger and are great for jobsites, take a beating.

I am at a marina and really don't have access to electricity .

I had thought about an invert-er ,but I am not sure about putting that kind of load on the boats electrical system .

A good shop vac will need a high amp inverter which will be costly, and eat your battery fairly quick. You are better off getting a Generac generator. Almost as quiet as Honda and I paid like 1/3 the price. I bought a factory refurb on cpooutlet.com

Who eats Shop Vacs?????  LOL

Sorry, just our typical runaway thread train .... Lol !!!

Back