What is your favorite "Boat Food"?

kaydano

Reaction score
This will be the first in a long list of stupid winter boat questions from me.  Like last year.

Beer.

Well... more like when we got to the beach area, cuz I didn't let them be opened on the boat for fear of stains... but JELLO SHOTS! :D

By far............ Chicken Tenders w/honey mustard. We call our order in at our local Fasmart and it's ready when we get there on the way to the lake. It's easy to eat, no bones, relatively inexpensive, feeds a lot of people and.................... tastes SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever my daughter brings me. Typically I leave work, go get the boat and pick them up at another ramp. They bring the food and I get a little "fast and loud" time before I pick them up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheez It's ..... and the fish love them too !!

Subway 

And

Last edited by a moderator:
Turkey sandwiches on butterpan buns, Pringles, Crispers (crackers), if we are going with friends kids we usually bring popcorn, pepperoni sticks, wife usually cuts up some fruit, no watermelon though. Hot dogs, if I ever spend some time thinking and figuring out a mount for the BBQ! Gotta get on that!

Generally I don't like to eat on an empty stomach so we usually just knock down a few beers and then eat back at the cabin

I like just thinking how GOOOOOD it tasted. Call and ordered a pepperoni Pizza. Picked it up on the way  to the ramp. Launched the Benny, and went out on the lake. This all done at twilight. Cut the engine put on the iceblues, drifted. and enjoyed the pizza, some wine, and music. The lake is so peaceful What a life.

Semp,

Your "Cheezits" response reminded me of when my nephews family came aboard our boat when we first got it..........the 3 yr. old was eating them right out of the box and by the end of the day just about EVERYTHING was orange on the boat!!!!!! Really good stuff..............but messy!!!!!!

Beer, summer sausage, beer, cheese, beer, chips, and beer!

Jack

Vinyl floors = EASY clean-up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A bucket of original Kentucky Fried Chicken and brownies.  And of course, beer.

If we're not especially lazy, we'll often get takeout containers of fried catfish dinners, and run out in the middle of the lake to eat'em.

Unfortunately, our lake is not blessed with good on the water restaurants.  We used to have a catfish buffet up a little bayou looking creek--in a boat dock where commercial fishermen kept their boats.  Every good lake needs restaurants right on the water, even if they have to be up on stilts.

Lemonade with peanut butter and jelly sandwich to hold us over,then we stop at whatever restaurant is on our way on the intercoastal waterway.We are only in saltwater,no large lakes near us.

grilled brats, chips and some sort of hops-flavored malt beverage

True story: I bought my boat grill used.  I invited my parents out for a picnic on the boat.  While trying to decide between hot dogs or hamburgers, my wife insisted on hot dogs, just in case the grill didn't work.  After all, a hot dog is very similar to bologna an can be eaten cold, right.  After our trip, my mother made the comment that she had never eaten a cold hot dog before!!!  Denise was right  AGAIN!!!  There were some thread burrs on the tank fitting that prevented the bottle from seating.

Would you rather be or a duck?

Semp,

Your "Cheezits" response reminded me of when my nephews family came aboard our boat when we first got it..........the 3 yr. old was eating them right out of the box and by the end of the day just about EVERYTHING was orange on the boat!!!!!! Really good stuff..............but messy!!!!!!
Yeah, they def. can make for some colorful furniture !!!! Lol !!!!

Back