What to expect when boat arrives?

Now we need to add the seats to the checklist!

Just kidding, I guess the alternative would have been to find out the toon wasn't going to ship because of delayed supplier parts. That would be worse in my opinion. I'll take the boat even if it's missing a couple seats.

Although setting expectations is important, and this shouldn't have been a surprise for either you or your dealer. Had expectations been clear you probably would have been, "ok, bummer, but thanks for the heads up."

And that's "if" the dealer wasn't notified. It's always easier to blame Bennington .... Just sayin ......

This may get some flack ,but oh well .

For most of us ,I would bet that you paid more for your boat than you vehicle .I know i did .

I worked in the auto industry for over 35 years .And knowingly there were never any vehicles shipped missing parts .

It's all good. I sign papers tomorrow and take delivery at a public boat launch at 3pm. Ive got until 8 before sun sets so half the break in will be done. It's staying in the water at my marina and will be waiting Saturday morning. My goal is to have them do the 20hr service on Monday. I know - it's going to be a lot of work, but I'll give it my all to get 20 hours on her! Life is good!

I did it the same way as my dealer is an hour away from our lake.  Had a couple of friends and we just cruised for three days, had the inspection and brought it to our lake the next weekend

This may get some flack ,but oh well .

For most of us ,I would bet that you paid more for your boat than you vehicle .I know i did .

I worked in the auto industry for over 35 years .And knowingly there were never any vehicles shipped missing parts .
I can honestly say I paid more for the Benny than any of my cars.

Never saw the value in owning an expensive car, I drove too much putting 53,000 miles a year

Couldn't see the benefit in having that much desired sports car when driving mileage like that

Now I justify being on the water everyday weather permitting

Summers just got so much more enjoyable 

94687563.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think of my boat more like my house than my car.  If that makes any sense.

kaydano

it is because you spend more time on the boat than inside the house during boating season

I know I will this year 

Last edited by a moderator:
Amen to that Benny brother!

I think of my boat more like my house than my car.  If that makes any sense.
It does to me!! Especially since my Benny cost me more and I will be paying for it LONGER than my house!! True story. I was sad the other day, the Caddy clicked over 100,000 km's. :(  

I'll take that old beater off your hands Derrick. I'll give you $5k..

Very helpful topic here.  I will be rereading this quite often.

Back