Winter has arrived in Northern Michigan

And I thought 43 today was bad.    :ph34r:

I just watched the temperature go from -21 F to -20 F...

It get HOT up in Heeeeeeeeere!

Only 38 here right now. Brrrrrrrrr!   :ph34r:

Heat wave on the way ,34 today 37 Saturday .Last time we were above freezing was  mid November .

Last edited by a moderator:
40 on Sunday but then only 16 on Wednesday.  We had the most snow in years for a December but after the rain over the last week snow almost gone

We haven't had any real measurable snow yet here in Fredericksburg. It seems to just miss us.............

With  what we have gotten the past week or so ,we have to close to 70 inches so far this season .Supposed to be above freezing today ,first time in over 6 weeks.

36 right now .

8 below here on Wednesday 

We're now getting the water from all the rain we had and the lake is in the yard, AGAIN.  :angry:

Trade ya Carl, ice for open water...

I skated on my rink last night and it is now covered again. I like the "days left" until spring countdown. Keeps me from drilling a hole in the ice and sticking my head under water so keep them coming

While at the local watering hole yesterday ,found out the updated measurable snowfall for the season .

123 inches since October in Emmett County Michigan 

77 days

until Spring  March 21 2014a Friday 2 months and 18 days from today

http://daycalc.appspot.com/03/21/2014

Break wall  on Little Traverse Bay ,Petoskey
52c6bd02b591d.image.jpg

We're suppose to get around 10" starting tonight!! Pure Michigan!

Coming from down state ,10 inches would bother me. Now after being up here ,its no big deal .Just have to do the drive 3-4 times a day . County does a good job on the roads ,also they don't use salt ( except in downtown Petoskey ) .Some kind of sand mix .Cars stay filthy though .

Jack M. Is this a normal snow fall for that area or unusual.We lived in Rhode Island most of our lives and it could fluctuate from a total of 50" one year to 15" the next so you never knew what to expect.If we got your amounts we would be paralyzed the whole winter.We now live in florida so when it gets cold(50's sorry)we feel it.May your days get warmer and the drifts get smaller come on spring.............

We have been up here 10 years this month and 7 years full time in April .

The most we had got in our time here was 160 inches and the was the winter of 07-08 .

Normal snow fall  when we built was listed as 160 . We are 7 miles off of Lake Michigan A Lot is lake effect as cold as it has been .The weather service as of last week "said 123 so far this season " Which started in October .This by far is the most snow fall in this time frame since we have been here . As soon as the bay freezes over it will be a walk in the park .

The other thing that is not included in that total is the snow from the ski resorts when they have to make snow ( when the wind blows SE) .Fortunately ,I don't think they have made any since November .

Back