Winter has arrived in Northern Michigan

There are a couple out fishing on our lake today. I'll give it a few more days before I throw my skates on.

Ours just froze a couple days ago, so the fisherman already have shacks out. We had at least a foot of snow today, at least the nice fluffy stuff.

Here comes more .
1486846_10152156221967578_399952213_n.png

I've plowed 3 times IN ONE WEEK, I only plowed TWICE all last year ....... and it aint even winter yet ........ :angry:

3 times a week ? I should be so lucky ,there are times  I plow 3 times a day ,and our driveway is 185 ft long .

Update ,5:30 pm ,just plowed 2nd time today .

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind cleaning my own place that means I'm home, it's having to go into work to plow that sucks for me .... LOL !!!!

Then again, I guess I should be happy to have a job ..... :)

I busted out the snow blower yesterday. Sometimes it is nice to have a small driveway!

We got 11.5" in Albany, NY. We average about 60" a year but a couple of years ago we only had 20" which is fine with me. Heard Tug Hill which gets lake effect from Lake Ontario already has 71.8" so far this winter

I had to go into town early this morning minus 15 when I left ,up to minus 8 right now .

We got about another 8 inch's over night .That is one thing I forgot to check when we moved to Petoskey .

Average snowfall is 120 inches ,our first winter up here  ( built in 2004 moved full time  2008 ) we got 162 .May be time to move again ,someplace where we can boat year round .

I went to snow blow my ice rink and it was thick slush on the ice... Not sure how that happens in 19 degree weather.

Don't feel bad ,our septic froze ( 15 below )  and I was forced to cancel our Monday Night Football Party .

Now that's a $300 bill tomorrow .

All that food to eat and no where to go  :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you guys need to eat more salty foods during the cold months!

Wow .... Snow again this morning. Not too bad ..... just an inch or two. I think "you guys" would just call it flurries ..... we call it a "snowstorm" !!!!

Lol !!!!

Just a dusting...we have a plant in Wisconsin and one in NC. One rarely shuts down for snow. The other... the thought of snow makes people stay home. LOL

Where in NC?

Only about 20 miles from here at the lake.

Just read the local news paper ,as of last Wednesday we have had 59.6 inches of snow so far this season .

I like the new signature!

Back