Winter over yet in Michigan...?

As of today ,I think I am going for May 8th . Went to the dealer yesterday ,gave them my to do list .I have about 2 weeks to give them a firm date or wait in line .

I went to our marina about a week ago , still ice covered ,maybe I'll go back this weekend .

Last edited by a moderator:
72 degrees Monday at Lake Cumberland.  Docks don't go in for 2 more weeks.  We are heading down for the golfing weather this weekend.  It is the downside of the I/O.  Can not take the chance of a warm weather boat trip before end of winter.  

No snow,no rain .Gaylord which is about 20 miles South got hit .

A friend of mine who lives about 5 miles North of where those pics were taken ,started putting his dock in Friday 

Last edited by a moderator:
We had boats and jet skis out on our lake this weekend. A neighbor a few houses down from us even put his jet ski out on the lift for the season.

I was out in the yard both days this weekend getting a play set built for the little guy and making some repairs to the grass at my seawall. Got a sunburn.

There were several out fishing on Crooked Lake this past weekend .And a friend of mine on Burt Lake  has been putting his dock in .

I'm thinking the winter cover is going to come off the boat this weekend. I'll get the moth balls and damp rid out, put the bimini and snap in carpets back in. Winter is over and the lake is almost up to full pool. We need a dancing emoji!!!

There have been quite a few out fishing this week up  here . I just checked the extended forecast ,I may wait a week longer than I had planned .Dealer wants a 3 week notice 

We are there but also need better weather, not going home until I can boat.

We have an incompetent drain commissioner who dropped our lake level again... So the wait continues. I did get out on the boat though.

33BB61B1-704A-4DD3-AF1B-B5B92A333DC9_zpsjqjd9hrn.jpg

Hey Andy, back of that seat looks like a good spot for a small flat screen .....  ;)

Just the opposite on Lake Fenton where the water is over the docks. I've heard there are a bunch of beavers that plugged up the weirs that regulate the lake level and of course it takes forever for any government body to make an adult decision or do anything productive about it. Incompetence all around.  :angry:

That will make the canal beteeen the north and south section nicer!! Hopefully we get some rain Wednesday and Thursday for my sake. I was thinking about going up there on Saturday with the boat but it was too windy. 

No tv on the boat for us Dave!!!!

I was going to take ours out on Easter afternoon, but the wind said no! I hate to fight waves. Spills my wine. :D

Nice! I've only been out on the water on our paddle boat so far.

Back