10-Year Bow-To-Stern Warranty!

ncnedder

Reaction score
So we just bought our neighbors Bennington and want to transfer the warranty. We contacted the local dealer and he wants to charge us $295.00 to do this plus $450.00 trip fee so they can do the inspection. I find this crazy as the Bennington web page shows the following.

+ 10-year bow-to-stern warranty, we cover 100% materials, parts, and labor with no pro-rating, no third-party hand-offs, no warranty transfer fee, and no "read between the lines" statements to leave you second-guessing.

No cost should mean just that but they are wanting to charge us this fee and trip cost for the inspection unless we can trailer the boat to their facility. Does anyone have any idea if this is normal or should I try to go directly to Bennington and find out what the "Non warranty transfer fee means?

Thanks, Ned

Bottom of the warranty statement is their contact information

"If you have any questions you may contact your local Bennington dealer, send us an email or give us a call at (888) 906-2628."

I’d be questioning those fees too Ned. I hope you get good answers.

The trip fee I understand - it costs money to drive out and pay people to make the inspection (if required). I'd ask for more detail on what the $295 is - if they need to inspect the boat it probably takes time as well. The warranty transfer from Bennington's perspective may technically still be "free" - but it would be awesome if they'd just let you show purchase paperwork and then process. Good luck!

The trip fee I understand - it costs money to drive out and pay people to make the inspection (if required). I'd ask for more detail on what the $295 is - if they need to inspect the boat it probably takes time as well. The warranty transfer from Bennington's perspective may technically still be "free" - but it would be awesome if they'd just let you show purchase paperwork and then process. Good luck!
Bennington has already reached out to inform me there is no charge and simply send them a copy of the bill of sale and few other things and they will handle. I have sent to them and now have warranty transferred to my name at NO cost. Think this dealer needs to be reprimanded by Bennington as that is not the way to treat customers.

Glad you got it resolved, and Bennington took care of it for you. Every dealer is different, and some are much better than others at how they manage these sorts of things. Happy boating this summer.

All right ncnedder where do you live and who is this dealer?!?

Definitely BS I bought a 2018 R23 and called my local Bennington dealer they completed the info and sent it to Bennington. I emailed Bennington a week or so after just to confirm that the transfer documentation was submitted and was advised it was all set.

Back