20% Cut Out Seats - Thoughts

Pat and Renee

Reaction score
Building a new boat using the build a boat site to replace our 22ft tri toon rear lounger.
Considering the 80/20 cut out seat option with lighted speakers.

Are there any negative to this option?

Is this option standard on the Q/R series?

Thanks in advance for your comments

Pat

I was just on the build site ,is this a model specific option ? New for 2021 ? I have a 2020 QCW .It was not standard or offered when I place the order .

I'm having a memory block, this is 80/20, right?

IMG_4986.JPG

I like mine. The speakers sound better there vs in the seat bases. It also serves as a bit of extra storage space for guests to set some of their stuff they bring along like phones , glasses , etc.

My issue is the wife and daughter use those insulated cups for drinks and they won’t fit in the cup holders because they are too tall. It’s pretty tight in that space, a standard aluminum can fits fine, but pretty much nothing bigger or taller than that.

the 80 % cut out is cheaper , that the attraction , I always get the 20 % cutout as it is more comfortable and it looks more complete , but price is the bottomline

the 80 % cut out is cheaper , that the attraction , I always get the 20 % cutout as it is more comfortable and it looks more complete , but price is the bottomline
In the build a boat site I'm only seeing a line items that reads "80%/20%" I was thinking that meant 80% seat and 20% cut out like the brown interior above. Then I see the Red interior above and that is look more opposite with more cut out than full seat? I also like the smaller cut out, maybe that a special order/request. I'm aware Bennington will mix and match some items between series.

I have the 80% cutout, you can store things like noodles in that space so they aren't all over the place.

20% cut out looks much more premium, as said above my only complaint is “yeti” style cups do not fit in the cup holders. Other than that I love the 20% cut out upgrade.

I have the 80% cut out and love it. Then again with two little kids I need all the storage space I can possibly get. The 80% cut out is awesome for baby toys/phones/water bottles/snacks and everything else that needs a temporary home on the boat. The one downside I have noticed is when the kids are munchin' away on their snacks crumbs also seem to find a home in that cut out space as well. Not that big of an issue as I just use a leaf blower at the end of the day to blow out the sand, crumbs and everything else in that space and on the floors.

I do agree that the 20% cut out looks nicer but I went for with what suited my family the best. All in all, you can't go wrong - boils down to personal preference!

Back