Black Out Package

2017 SSBXP SPS with blackout here...Going on 3.5+ years with this boat 2.5 which are now kept on a lift in the saltwater no issues with blackout pkg, its actually holding up much better than I would have thought. I lived on freshwater lake in Central FL when I bought this boat but took a job in Fort Myers and run in the river/gulf nearly every weekend and this has been a great boat. I basically have the same boat as Vikingstaff except for yamaha vs mercury.

Attachments

• Boat.jpg
    Boat.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Our rub rail is painted to match the black on our blacked-out 25R - and yes, we have pop-up cleats as well.

For durability it seems to be a durable powder-coat, haven't had any scratches yet after half a summer on the water. View attachment 28088
What do you for bumper clips? I just ordered a new Bennington with the blackout package and I am worried about scratching the rails. Thanks!

Beautiful boat!! What do you for bumper clips? I just ordered a new Bennington with the blackout package and I am worried about scratching the rails. Thanks!
Thanks! I got some plastic clips from Amazon, but I'm probably going to get some of the new Bennington clips for this summer.

What do you for bumper clips? I just ordered a new Bennington with the blackout package and I am worried about scratching the rails. Thanks!
We have a 2017 with the black out package. We’ve always just used the TaylorMade clips. Easy on and off for us. No issues with our blackout package.

Taylor Made Clips

We also use the TaylorMade clips with no scratching or issues. We also use them on the Yeti pouch we have beside the helm and co-captains chair. Like you I was also worried about the clip but have had zero issues. Hope this helps.

Anyone have any input on the black out packages is it mainly for the look? Is there any other benefit? FYI Our boat spends the winters in FLA in saltwater and salt air.

If you select the black out package(s)and the black rub rail inserts the build a boat site will not allow you to have pop up cleats.
I thought seeing a boat with black and still pop up cleats?

Would the black out package cover up the stainless steel rub rail if you select black out inserts?

We have a 2015 22SCWX with SPS/150HP and considering same floor plan in 23/24ft range in the L series with SPS + or ESP and 200/250 VMAX -

Anyone have this set up please let me know how the performance worked out for you.
I've got a a 24 SCWX with the I4 Yamaha 200. I'm very impressed with the performance. With a full tank of fuel 2 people & cooler I got it to 45.8 trimmed out 2 weekends ago. It gets phenomenal fuel economy compared to my buddies Veranda 25' with the SHO 250 plus he claims his top speed is only 43, I told him let me drive it lol.

Anyone have any input on the black out packages is it mainly for the look? Is there any other benefit? FYI Our boat spends the winters in FLA in saltwater and salt air.

If you select the black out package(s)and the black rub rail inserts the build a boat site will not allow you to have pop up cleats.
I thought seeing a boat with black and still pop up cleats?

Would the black out package cover up the stainless steel rub rail if you select black out inserts?

We have a 2015 22SCWX with SPS/150HP and considering same floor plan in 23/24ft range in the L series with SPS + or ESP and 200/250 VMAX -

Anyone have this set up please let me know how the performance worked out for you.
I have a 2021 L21 with the blackout package. Rub rails are black. Cleats on e are stainless steel, not pop-up. I love the look. Mine is SPS Saltwater series with 250 VMAX and fishing config in back plus extended deck (23’). Great package.

I would do blackout again. I’m in Sarasota area on the saltwater. No issues, I’ve dinged it a few times and a black sharpie is a great fix.

Back