Canopy length for boat lift question

tyler2525

Reaction score
Hi all, new Bennington owner here, got a QX25 I will be taking delivery of in the next day or two. I'm working on ordering a lift now, but trying to decide on a 32 foot or 36 foot Shorestation power wall canopy. I don't have the boat yet so I can't measure exactly, but the previous owner says don't get the 32 because more room is always better, but the 36 just seems HUGE. Does anyone have one of those canopies with a Bennington 25 pontoon. I see the actual measurement is over 27', plus the Yamaha outboard, but it still seems like 32 would be enough.

I used to have a 30’ canopy with our 24’ Bennington (more akin to 26’ with the motor factored in). The lower unit stuck out slightly from beneath it, but up front we had about 3‘ hanging past the bow.

Based on my experience, I’d think a 32’ would be perfect. Enough to cover your motor, including lower unit if trimmed up, as well as a few extra feet up front. My thought is you don’t want to be TOO big, as then you have other challenging seasonally getting the canopy put up, etc… 36’ seems like a lot of overkill, and again, would really make reaching the end points for securing the canopy to its frame each season more challenging.

When I had a 20’ bow rider under my 26’ canopy I had to move the boat first to front, then to back, to install and remove the canopy. Now with a 23’ toon I can get it all, by myself. But trying to put a 36’ vinyl coated canopy on would certainly require an extra set of hands.

22’ L under a 28’ Touchless. Glad I have the 28’ when figuring a 22’ is 23’, 3’ for the engine, leaves 2’ to dock perfectly and have cover come down and not touch engine

The risk with oversize is wind vulnerability.

Good luck getting a ShoreScreen this season. I know a couple guys still waiting.

Back