Handy hints, gadgets, products, gizmos & ideas...

I know some people like to use the big foam floating mats. But if you're looking for a more rigid mat, check these out. They take up much less space than the foam mats. Four of us were tied up to my buddy's open bow runabout, sitting on lawn chairs with a cooler full of beer. Lots of fun and didn't get wet if we didn't want to.

https://www.missionboatgear.com/products/inflatable-reef-mat

Wow, that looks pretty cool and appears to have the advantage of being storable.

I know some people like to use the big foam floating mats. But if you're looking for a more rigid mat, check these out. They take up much less space than the foam mats. Four of us were tied up to my buddy's open bow runabout, sitting on lawn chairs with a cooler full of beer. Lots of fun and didn't get wet if we didn't want to.

https://www.missionboatgear.com/products/inflatable-reef-mat

We have an HO Play Pad. Looks to be very similar construction. Very portable and love it!

Just got this portable pressure washer for my new build. It's very handy for giving the deck a quick wash down when the kids/dogs make a mess from jumping in and out of the boat. Just drop the intake hose in the lake, give it a few seconds to prime, and you are off and running. The battery life is long enough to give the whole boat a good pressure washing, but the pressure isn't strong enough to cut through anything. I generally clean off the deck after each heavy use day, leave the washer and hose on the boat and bring the batteries in to recharge for the next trip. I would put this as nearly a must have for those who want to keep their boat clean!

Does anyone have a trick for not losing the seat cushion that covers the battery on a swing back?
My sales20200824_201946.jpg guy recommended taking it off if we are doing any highway speeds, he claims around town its not a problem
I love all the tips and tricks on this thread its costing me money but I love it

By highway speeds you mean while towing and I always took any seat that isn’t hinged down
If you are capable of highway speeds on the water then that’s another story

Take it off and put it in your vehicle .

Al B - Those look very HD and stylish! You could probably fly a Perkins-sized flag in one of those.
Not a bad idea with the flags, I'll try it next season..she is currently all warm and snuggly for the winter

I haven't bought the rod holders yet and I see you have them. How do you like them?
I use the Railblaza Rod Holder II and love them. They are similar to the Scotty ones I was used-to with the rotating collar on the end to lock in the rods. I bought the packages with the traditional HD mounts so they could be mounted on the kayaks and I could use the rod holders on them as well. I also bought the adapter kits and put RAM mount balls (size C) on them so that they can be used anywhere and hold my bumpers in the middle of the boat.

Boating accessories seemed to be in short supply this year. We bought what was available when we took delivery so halfway through the summer we bought new fenders / bumpers because the original ones were not big enough. I didn't like the fact that I couldn't get a bumper to stay high enough on the cleats to protect the rub rail against our dock - both seemed to be the same height all year. We bought Sentry fenders from Mission and problem solved. We use the traditional bumpers in the middle of the boat and the Sentry fenders on the ends. They attach to project out from the cleats and rub rail instead of hang from it.

Boating accessories seemed to be in short supply this year. We bought what was available when we took delivery so halfway through the summer we bought new fenders / bumpers because the original ones were not big enough. I didn't like the fact that I couldn't get a bumper to stay high enough on the cleats to protect the rub rail against our dock - both seemed to be the same height all year. We bought Sentry fenders from Mission and problem solved. We use the traditional bumpers in the middle of the boat and the Sentry fenders on the ends. They attach to project out from the cleats and rub rail instead of hang from it.
Do you have any pictures of these in use? How do you like them? I've seen them advertised so any thoughts or feedback you have on keeping the Benny safe would be great!

Back