Handy hints, gadgets, products, gizmos & ideas...

I don't have a picture but will be back up probably next week and can take one then. The top of the fender sits about 4-5 inches above the deck of the boat keeps the corners from hitting the dock. Our dock lines tie off at such an angle that I haven't tried to tie them through the fender. I've had the top of the pontoon deck bounce up under the dock a couple of times with people boarding or disembarking but not since the swap to the new fenders. I like them better than the traditional bumpers for those spots.

View attachment 28177
Well it took a while to get back to the lake...maybe a little too long as you can see from the picture. Hard water is on the way :eek:

You win "longest on the lake"! Hey, don't rush it, it's supposed to be in the 50s over the weekend again. Jealous - mine's all put away.

View attachment 28177
Well it took a while to get back to the lake...maybe a little too long as you can see from the picture. Hard water is on the way :eek:
I typically use very nice Polyform F2 fenders but have some Sentry fenders. In your case I'd probably have the Sentry's strapped to your dock pilings [unless you have dynamic lake levels] as the pilings appear thicker than your bumpers.

I typically use very nice Polyform F2 fenders but have some Sentry fenders. In your case I'd probably have the Sentry's strapped to your dock pilings [unless you have dynamic lake levels] as the pilings appear thicker than your bumpers.
It's deceiving but the pilings are only about 1" out from the edge of the dock. I usually tie off some traditional bumpers on the pilings and the Sentry's help to keep the deck from slipping under the dock when people are going on and off the boat, sometimes jumping instead of holding the boat steady with one foot while making the transfer.

Flat Bungees for securing the Cooler on the aft deck... Much better having it out of the way than tripping over it in the interior...

KczvLA.jpg

Boating accessories seemed to be in short supply this year. We bought what was available when we took delivery so halfway through the summer we bought new fenders / bumpers because the original ones were not big enough. I didn't like the fact that I couldn't get a bumper to stay high enough on the cleats to protect the rub rail against our dock - both seemed to be the same height all year. We bought Sentry fenders from Mission and problem solved. We use the traditional bumpers in the middle of the boat and the Sentry fenders on the ends. They attach to project out from the cleats and rub rail instead of hang from it.
I am thinking on picking up 2 of these after your post. Would you buy them again? How's the longevity, are they showing fast wear? Would you buy them again?

I am thinking on picking up 2 of these after your post. Would you buy them again? How's the longevity, are they showing fast wear? Would you buy them again?
I would but them again. They had some scuffing from our dock (end cuts of cedar) but they wipe off with a rag and water. One photo shows the scuffing and the other after wiping half with minimal effort.20210408_074244.jpg20210408_074145.jpg20210408_073928.jpg

I just ordered a couple. Got any pics on how you use for handing bumpers? Ty, nice boat. Got the same. :_
I attached RAM mount balls to the attachment adaptors from Bailblaza but will need to find them and see which RAM ball it was I used. The screw needs to match up for the adaptor. I'll take pics when I can but may be a little bit yet - it's still early for boating here.

I attached RAM mount balls to the attachment adaptors from Bailblaza but will need to find them and see which RAM ball it was I used. The screw needs to match up for the adaptor. I'll take pics when I can but may be a little bit yet - it's still early for boating here.
I am working with the RailBlaza system to create removable SUP and WakeBoard racks for the side of the Pontoon, they are great adapters that appear to be very strong and come in all sorts of configurations. I am shaving about a 1/4" off the rear of the Sideport, then bolting it through the square aluminum rails of the Toon, it will sit flush with the rail. They have a special Pontoon Railmount, but it sits on the top rail only, though it will face up or out (not in due to siding). Once done sometime in June, I will post pictures.

I am working with the RailBlaza system to create removable SUP and WakeBoard racks for the side of the Pontoon, they are great adapters that appear to be very strong and come in all sorts of configurations. I am shaving about a 1/4" off the rear of the Sideport, then bolting it through the square aluminum rails of the Toon, it will sit flush with the rail. They have a special Pontoon Railmount, but it sits on the top rail only, though it will face up or out (not in due to siding). Once done sometime in June, I will post pictures.
Cool idea - so they will be bolted to the underside of rails?

Cool idea - so they will be bolted to the underside of rails?
The Railblaza Sideport will bolted to the top of the lower rail on the L model, and appears it will even work on the curved rails in the rear. I want the bottom of the Rack to be a few inches above the deck. Added some pictures to original post.

The Railblaza Sideport will bolted to the top of the lower rail on the L model, and appears it will even work on the curved rails in the rear. I want the bottom of the Rack to be a few inches above the deck. Added some pictures to original post.
I've also been wanting to come up with a way to mount paddle boards to the sides of the boat. What brand rack are you attaching to the Railblaza Sideport fittings? Also, if you could post some pics when finished that would be great. Thanks!

I've also been wanting to come up with a way to mount paddle boards to the sides of the boat. What brand rack are you attaching to the Railblaza Sideport fittings? Also, if you could post some pics when finished that would be great. Thanks!
I ordered about 5 types and found only two to work: The Krypt New Cradle Rack made for WakeSurfs (a little wiggly for wakeboards but works just fine) and the SURFSTOW 50053 SUPRAX Square Rail Pontoon Mount for SUP. The Sideports had to be sanded down - I ordered a $100 belt sander that did quick work of that job. I am working on a full write up and will get pictures this weekend as the last parts needed finally arrived. You can see the sideports on the boat picture at the rear - two sets for two boards. The SUP is on the other side.

Attachments

• Rack Railblaza Sideport.jpg
    Rack Railblaza Sideport.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Rack Sanded Railblaza 3.jpg
    Rack Sanded Railblaza 3.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Rack Sanded Railblaza 2.jpg
    Rack Sanded Railblaza 2.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Rack Sanded Railblaza.jpg
    Rack Sanded Railblaza.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Rack Wakeboard WakeSurf.jpg
    Rack Wakeboard WakeSurf.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Rack for SUP.JPG
    Rack for SUP.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 117
Here is a picture of the Racks setup and loaded. Will post more details ASAP. The left hand picture has both a ZUP and Wakeboard.

Attachments

• Racks.jpg
    Racks.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Rack Mount.jpg
    Rack Mount.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Rack Mount 2.jpg
    Rack Mount 2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 105
  • Rack Mounted.jpg
    Rack Mounted.jpg