Love our Spinning Steering Wheel Knob

Vikingstaff

Reaction score
Back in 2020 someone had recommended a spinning steering wheel knob as a simple way to really make water sports more enjoyable for the captain at the helm. I ordered one four days before our bought went down for the season back in May 2021.

Today was my first real opportunity to use it in earnest as we were tubing off and on all day long. One of the easiest and cheapest must haves in my mind. Makes ALL steering SUPER easy. And when doing water sports like skiing or tubing, forget about it. Cannot be beat.

Now the person that did this a couple years ago recommended a pricey one. I was cheap, and got the one below on Amazon for less than $20. Matches steering wheel black and chrome nicely. Putting this out there for others that might be interested.

I have no skin in the game here. Just recommending this to others that might be interested because it was wonderful having it today while tubing.

Amazon Link:
Spinning Steering Wheel Knob

What mine looks like:
10A1D049-1F67-4E1E-B481-24D5CCD07848.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! I might just have to give it another thought.

Thanks for the review. I've been on the fence for about a year. Just couldn't pull the trigger on the pricey one. I like the look of the amazon one. Will order one for sure.

Just a note to make sure your knob doesn't damage your wheel - I used one on my garden tractor for many years (old JD 317 - hand controls and no power steering) - I got tired of it after a couple years and was bummed when I removed to find that it had dug into/gouged the steering wheel.

Just a note to make sure your knob doesn't damage your wheel - I used one on my garden tractor for many years (old JD 317 - hand controls and no power steering) - I got tired of it after a couple years and was bummed when I removed to find that it had dug into/gouged the steering wheel.
It has a rubber gasket to prevent damage. Supposedly.

We older guys back in the day used them on our car steering wheels. they were known then as “suicide handles”
Lol.
In my youth we called them "necker knobs." You could have your right arm around your sweetie and steer with just your left. If you were lucky, that led to some necking.

Back