Maiden Voyage!

AuthorizedUser

Reaction score
Finally! It was a brisk but AWESOME day on the lake today for our first trip on the new Benny. Plentiful sunshine and favorable seas. Lisa and I spent 8 hours breaking in the 90 SHO, stowing gear, getting the hang of the fuel dock, and practicing docking in the slip. We also popped some champagne, cruised, anchored, and napped. With two of us and gear/fuel we hit 27 mph at 6,200 rpm (they propped it perfectly with the Talon 13.5x12p aluminum prop). The under deck wave shield made the ride smooth and silent. Summer is going to be great!
20210424_204437.jpg20210424_204906.jpgIMG_3596.jpg20210424_204212.jpg20210424_204942.jpgIMG_3594.jpgIMG_3599.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a day very well spent. Congratulations on the long awaited maiden voyage.

Excellent! Sounds like a great combo. Wish our pontoon had some of the features of yours, especially the wave shield. May I suggest you add what prop your dealer selected to your signature? I expect many would like to know that. (Sounds/looks like a 12p Talon pontoon, or is it a bit more pitch?)

BWT: Thanks for the pic at the back. The static water line right at the mid-point on the pontoons (25"?) is better than our 23" tubes with the RL trim.

Last edited:
Congrats on a great 1st day of many more to come!!!

Congrats. Enjoy. Best of luck. Must have been chilly. I'm in N.Y. as well and it's still to cold for the Mrs.

Excellent! Sounds like a great combo. Wish our pontoon had some of the features of yours, especially the wave shield. May I suggest you add what prop your dealer selected to your signature? I expect many would like to know that. (Sounds/looks like a 12p Talon pontoon, or is it a bit more pitch?)

BWT: Thanks for the pic at the back. The static water line right at the mid-point on the pontoons (25"?) is better than our 23" tubes with the RL trim.
1619390021771.png The prop is a Talon 13.5x12p. And yes, 25" dual logs.

Congrats!
Beautiful clear water by the way.
Yes, the water is crystal clear at our lake. Images are about 4 feet, but we can see the bottom as deep as 20 feet very clearly.

20210424_205627.jpg 20210424_205154.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats. Enjoy. Best of luck. Must have been chilly. I'm in N.Y. as well and it's still to cold for the Mrs.
It wasn't too bad in the early afternoon. I was able to strip down to my trunks and lay in the sun (but only when we anchored... not moving! Chilly wind!)

View attachment 29694 The prop is a Talon 13.5x12p. And yes, 25" dual logs.
Thanks for the info. Your slick, 25", toons sure beat what I've got at the moment. Our F90 pulls the same prop to ~6025 RPM and 22.5 MPH with dirty 23" tubes. I don't expect any more than 24 tops under the best conditions. Also noticed from the pics that your "living space" is set forward with some rear deck showing, ours has none. But you still have some foredeck, we need that for our uses. Anyway, that too likely cancels some of the stern heavy condition of our pontoon.

Last edited:
Also noticed from the pics that your "living space" is set forward with some rear deck showing, ours has none. But you still have some foredeck, we need that for our uses. Anyway, that too likely cancels some of the stern heavy condition of our pontoon.
We opted for the SLG model as that had the the most of what we wanted... most notably a full chaise lounge on the port side with a backrest, along with enough bow and stern deck to walk around. Would have loved to get the $1,500 extended aft deck, but it was not an option without upgrading to the $4,000 SPS third toon. If we did that, I would have wanted to buy the max 115 hp as well. All in all, close to $10K more; not in the budget. I am pleased as punch with what we bought, and how crazy affordable it is.

Back