Minnesota... Where do you place your Registration decals?

peeruwp

Reaction score
Requirements dont allow placement within 24" of any logo or lettering and my boat says "BENNINGTON" right across both sides of the front making it impossible to meet that requirement. I doubt its a big deal but wondering what you have done.

Not sure if other states have this same requirement or not.

Thanks!

Show us a pic of the side of the boat. It depends on the colors and style.
I put mine where it looked best, don't really think anyone would get out a tape and measure.

In Missouri where I am, they have the same rules, no one ever enforces them. I would put it centered right above the "Bennington". I also put the sticker aft of the number. That puts it in front of the number on starboard side and after the number on the port side. IMO it looks better that way, but you need to do what looks best to you.

I’d go in the red arrow spot. More visible, and would certainly indicate best effort given the arrangement of the word Bennington across the new paneling. I think you’ll be good with that.

Requirements dont allow placement within 24" of any logo or lettering and my boat says "BENNINGTON" right across both sides of the front making it impossible to meet that requirement. I doubt its a big deal but wondering what you have done.

Not sure if other states have this same requirement or not.

Thanks!
Hey peeruwp. This is another thread with some of that discussion as well if that helps.

I hear ya with this dilemma. I don’t want it on the top due to I like the clean look without it there. I’m going to do this too and put it above the toons as the new louvered design doesn’t leave much room for the numbers.
1620164709299.jpeg
This is sharp! I also checked with my local sheriff’s office and they said that is fine. Hopefully it doesn’t cause problems on other lakes but MN doesn’t have a rule about height of registration numbers.

I hear ya with this dilemma. I don’t want it on the top due to I like the clean look without it there. I’m going to do this too and put it above the toons as the new louvered design doesn’t leave much room for the numbers.
View attachment 29807
This is sharp! I also checked with my local sheriff’s office and they said that is fine. Hopefully it doesn’t cause problems on other lakes but MN doesn’t have a rule about height of registration numbers.
VERY SHARP!

I think the look of the new fencing design is top notch. I love it! All of you newer Bennington owners are going to have some spectacular looking boats this summer.

View attachment 29807
oh, thats a great spot for it! Too bad I paid $75 for silver lettering already that wont work on my boat. Sooooo.... get new darker lettering to allow me to do this or not ;-)... personally preference I know.... When do the difficult decions stop.... arghhhhh!

Regardless, the new boat is amazing and we have loved it every second so far out on the water and at the chilling at the dock!

Back