Options for blank helm plate

Johno1332

Reaction score
Is there anything that can go here on this blank plate? I’m hoping I could use the glovebox from the LX model and move the o power outlets inside. I know this where the RGB controller usually goes be we did not order that option.

Attachments

• FD8F4580-17AE-4EBC-9870-1EEE62BB6E89.jpeg
    FD8F4580-17AE-4EBC-9870-1EEE62BB6E89.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 155
Half joking...I have the same helm and have looked for after-market glove boxes or similar and didn't see anything I like that I would be willing to cut in. I have looked into another simrad because they network through NMEA2k and can share some data. They will not share maps or sonar but both would have their own maps so basically the same. The advantage I see would be having one dedicated more to maps / sonar and the other for gauges / engine data.

Half joking...I have the same helm and have looked for after-market glove boxes or similar and didn't see anything I like that I would be willing to cut in. I have looked into another simrad because they network through NMEA2k and can share some data. They will not share maps or sonar but both would have their own maps so basically the same. The advantage I see would be having one dedicated more to maps / sonar and the other for gauges / engine data.
I would actually love this option. Have the Yamaha engine parameters up on the main and the nav map with depths on the lower console.

I would actually love this option. Have the Yamaha engine parameters up on the main and the nav map with depths on the lower console.
My understanding is that the engine data can be seen on any networked device through the NMEA2k backbone but the transducer has to be pugged in direct to the unit (not 100% sure on plugging in) or at least used on one unit at a time. I could be wrong but most discussion on this for the GO series points to shared data being limited in the way of radar and sonar. Digital depth and waypoints would still be shared.

A quick Google for "boat glove boxes" results in several kinds that may fit that space. One of these might be ideal (some are spendy though)Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 12.21.04 PM.png

Glove box/storage area sounds good. How about a charging area for phones/bluetooth devices? Thinking outside the box.....
Rear view camera to see behind you or skiiers/wakeboarders/tubers?!?

Not sure if Johno1332 is still around but was curious if anything was done with the blank spot to the right of the steering wheel. I mentioned another SIMRAD and fell down that rabbit hole. Now I have rearranged the dash and will have three MFD's. I'll post a pic when complete.

Not sure if Johno1332 is still around but was curious if anything was done with the blank spot to the right of the steering wheel. I mentioned another SIMRAD and fell down that rabbit hole. Now I have rearranged the dash and will have three MFD's. I'll post a pic when complete.
No, I'm still trying to figure something out. I noticed this glove box is avaiable so i might go do this road. Please share some pictures of what you've done. 1649167256013.png

wireless qi phone charger?

Attachments

• 663F8292-6B6C-4449-A6B2-91F5DE202E72.jpeg
    663F8292-6B6C-4449-A6B2-91F5DE202E72.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: MJF
No, I'm still trying to figure something out. I noticed this glove box is avaiable so i might go do this road. Please share some pictures of what you've done.
Hi Johno, I'm not complete just yet. I moved the rocker switches down to the blank plate on the right and fabricated a new dash although I don't care for the fit / finish. I will be reworking the dash and the Simrads to look more professional. I did add a wireless phone charger where the electric bimini switch was and moved that switch over with the others.20211229_192058.jpg20211229_192131.jpg

Looks great FM.

I wanted to move my radio to the upper left and use that location for a push-button Boca switch set up but I can't seem to get a non-rocker switch molded upper. I was working with New Wire Marine for a while to customize the dash but it got too complicated and expensive. Glad to see someone with the motivation to get the dash to their liking!

Looks great FM.

I wanted to move my radio to the upper left and use that location for a push-button Boca switch set up but I can't seem to get a non-rocker switch molded upper. I was working with New Wire Marine for a while to customize the dash but it got too complicated and expensive. Glad to see someone with the motivation to get the dash to their liking!
I'm working with NWM on a new dash and a guy that does custom upholserty. I'll post pics when done.

Hi Johno, I'm not complete just yet. I moved the rocker switches down to the blank plate on the right and fabricated a new dash although I don't care for the fit / finish. I will be reworking the dash and the Simrads to look more professional. I did add a wireless phone charger where the electric bimini switch was and moved that switch over with the others.View attachment 32297View attachment 32298
I will be copying this phone charger mount idea!

Is there a preferred wiring method for powering this wireless phone charger? I am thinking I can just splice into the cigarette power line, it shouldn't be over the required amps on that fuse for accessory, right? I am a novice when it comes to this wiring so any help would be appreciated!

Is there a preferred wiring method for powering this wireless phone charger? I am thinking I can just splice into the cigarette power line, it shouldn't be over the required amps on that fuse for accessory, right? I am a novice when it comes to this wiring so any help would be appreciated!
You should be OK to couple it with the cigarette power line. I assume that's on an acc switch and probably powers your radio as well.

Back