Photos!

As usual Nick ..... AWESOME !!!!

Sweet! Can't wait to see the rest of them!

Last edited by a moderator:
The shot above was taken from the top of the waterfall in this shot that I took in April of this year. The lake came up about 35' between April and July. 

cathedral-in-the-desert-27.jpg

Both of you guys photos ...... One word ..... Majestic !!!!!

Those pictures just make people seem so small and, well, insignificant.  Just glorious in color, texture, and scale.

Fantastic pictures as usual.  I loved the time lapse video and I have a question; in real time how long was the recorded video prior to making it a time lapse?

That time lapse my friend did was about 45 minutes long. In retrospect, it would have been cool if he had let it run while we got in the boat and motored away and then we could have come back and picked up the camera.

That morning was ideal for a time lapse with those clouds rolling through like that. I don't usually shoot them in the day time, but here are a couple short ones I've done. It's fun to see the clouds come and go so fast. 

https://player.vimeo.com/video/36178220

I don't understand how the camera sees the stars next to a bright camp fire. Great work. I am always in awe of these pics. I always take a picture and it never looks like it does in real life. Yours on the other hand are just out of this world.

Ummmm...... as soon as I figure you CAN'T top the last pic or video, you blow me away with something more awesome. That night video is freekin sweet !!!!

All the photographs and videos are fantastic!

bcpnick: You do know you're (or should be) talking yourself into a job...AT BENNINGTON!! : )

Such crisp, clear photo's, I envy your talent!!

I like how there are new photos everytime I log on. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, guys. I actually tried to hit up Bennington for some trade for photos, but sadly, no response. :(
I still find that disappointing. And they wonder why perhaps their market penetration in the west is not what it could be. All of the photos and brochure material is typically from our area (Indiana/Michigan). Harris shot their brochure and videos on our lake the last few years, and this year was on another lake 10 miles to the west of us. Bennington uses Diamond Lake in Michigan, among others.

Your photos of the Benny in these beautiful places might open up the eyes of a few western buyers. I realize you have to cover a lot more water to get where you want to go, so speed and fuel economy certainly both matter in that market. The changes to pontoons in the last few years make them really competitive for those situations, as well as carrying a load of people along, which the glass boats don't.

I still find that disappointing. And they wonder why perhaps their market penetration in the west is not what it could be. All of the photos and brochure material is typically from our area (Indiana/Michigan). Harris shot their brochure and videos on our lake the last few years, and this year was on another lake 10 miles to the west of us. Bennington uses Diamond Lake in Michigan, among others.

Your photos of the Benny in these beautiful places might open up the eyes of a few western buyers. I realize you have to cover a lot more water to get where you want to go, so speed and fuel economy certainly both matter in that market. The changes to pontoons in the last few years make them really competitive for those situations, as well as carrying a load of people along, which the glass boats don't.
Like TomS, that's what I was thinkin'. A Bennington Pontoon boat is NOT "your fathers pontoon boat!" The options have come such a LONG way and for some reason a typical person usually thinks about using them on typical lakes... not like YOUR lake (& the SW!)... which is ... WOW! It's like discovering new places from a neat, new perspective! If I were Bennington I'd snap you up, like quick! ;)  Your photo's are just beautiful!

Yeah, they could really do some better marketing outside of the traditional old school pontoon market. Everyone I run into out here is absolutely blown away by my boat. Hell, they're shocked when they hear it goes more than 10mph! When I say 40 they don't believe me. And for what most people around here used their boats for, pontoons should be the most sold boat around. Utah specifically. I hate to generalize, but there are a lot of mormons here and they generally have very large families. 5 or 6 kids is pretty much the norm. And then those kids have kids when they are like 20, 21 maybe. BIG families. You'd think all these huge families out here would absolutely love the space, load capacity, safety and stability of a pontoon. But even the boat sales people think they are a joke so I guess it shouldn't be a surprise. My dealer couldn't sell this 2275 GCW I bought for a year and a half, under cost. I bought it and I'm pretty sure I could sell a few more for them if I weren't having to tell friends and family how bad the dealer is and that they should check out other brands or go out of state.

Anyway, yeah, it would be neat to help Bennington broaden their appeal. But they have a bit more than marketing to do. Like the fact that my boat comes with a fancy mooring cover that is useless to me because I can't tow with it. I get most people have slips, docks, etc. in the east, but EVERYONE trailers here. And then they tell me I can't trailer with that cover but build the boat with a seat that likes to fly out at high speeds. Okay, sorry to rant, but I totally agree. Now that pontoons have gone from slow boats to incredible, high performance machines, they really need to start marketing them differently. I just came back from picking my boat up at the dealer from 20 hour service and getting all the issues resolved, so I guess I'm just a little worked up. And no, the issues are still not resolved.  :angry:

Having > 25% pontoon market share perhaps explains a lot too. Sorry to hear the dealer still doesn't get it.

Tonight's sunset from the dock chairs

Back