Photos!

Woah TomS, Great Pix, taking some lessons from bcpnick :)  

While on the Missouri River north of Bismarck about 7PM Saturday night we spotted this young guy wandering north along the shore through peoples back yards.

Not very good pics as we were moving with the current  in the opposite direction he was going but with the near full moon in the background made for a great shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
The drones with cameras really get some great coverage.

I love the videos from above and may be interested. Can someone with knowledge of this give me a quick overview and quote some approximate costs? Thanks

On what Mark, drones? The skies the limit. You can start with a $150 (or less) quad copter and a little flash cam for $30 up to thousands for one and a high dollar HD video cam ...........

Trust me, these are just a hole in the air, like a boat is a hole in the water for $$$$$$ .......  :D

I have a good friend who uses the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+. It seems to be a very capable machine. I thought about getting that one to supplement my business and architectural photography business by doing aerial exteriors, but didn't pull the trigger. Technically it's illegal to use a drone for 'commercial purposes' anyway. DJI has a cheaper one but you then have to strap a gopro to it so you're getting close to the cost of the Vision. 

Took my brother and his kids out on the boat this weekend. Were it not for the lack of a decent dealer in Utah, I'd guarantee a Benny was sold after this trip!

IMG_1556.jpg

Maybe you should open one.....

Back from 4 more great nights under the stars on the boat. One of the best parts about this trip was that we decided to skip winter storage and start storing her just a few miles from Lake Powell. No more towing 600-800 miles round trip each time out and no need to stop going during the winter. :)

IMG_3861.jpg

Cool colors!!

Stunning!  Agree on the colors, love seeing the anchor line in the water and never seen the stars so well done

Amazing!

Ok. I'm a fan : )!

Utah/AZ is so beautiful. We took a long vacation there couple years ago visiting 6 national parks. People said, why Utah? (the old "usuals" generally top everyone's lists, like Colorado Rocky Mts, or Florida) All we knew is we'd once travelled through Zion & Bryce Canyon coming home to Wisconsin after seeing the Grand Canyon and my DH said, one day we're going back there! Once we did, we were so glad, could not believe the beauty and natural wonder! Probably the greatest vacation we ever took! So, your pictures move us in more ways than one! Thanks bcpnick!

I have a good friend who uses the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+. It seems to be a very capable machine. I thought about getting that one to supplement my business and architectural photography business by doing aerial exteriors, but didn't pull the trigger. Technically it's illegal to use a drone for 'commercial purposes' anyway. DJI has a cheaper one but you then have to strap a gopro to it so you're getting close to the cost of the Vision.
Took a look at that link. I think that is a really cool setup and something I could be interested in; then I remembered I am a crasher

Ok. I'm a fan : )!

Utah/AZ is so beautiful. We took a long vacation there couple years ago visiting 5 national parks. People said, why Utah? (the old "usuals" generally top everyone's lists, like Colorado Rocky Mts, or Florida) All we knew is we'd once travelled through Zion & Bryce Canyon coming home to Wisconsin after seeing the Grand Canyon and my DH said, one day we're going back there! Once we did, we were so glad, could not believe the beauty and natural wonder! Probably the greatest vacation we ever took! So, your pictures move us in more ways than one! Thanks bcpnick!
Thank you and you are very welcome. It really is a beautiful area. Growing up, I always wanted to move away, but now I can't imagine living anywhere else. There just isn't anything else quite like it. Here are a couple more from the last trip. 

IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

And how's this for a nice lunch cruise. This canyon got so narrow that I only had a foot or two on each side of the boat but still 100+ feet of water underneath. 

IMG_3617.jpg

IMG_3643.jpg

Are these photos on the branches off Lake Powell or Colorado River or ? Wonder if they rent pontoons anywhere around there? Going by car/walks was fantastic but on water, unbelievable! Your photo's are just amazing, makes ya want to BE THERE!

Back