Power Bimini Top with Lights

jay21

Reaction score
Bennington with power Bimini top with lights in the Bimini rails. They don’t work and I have checked all the connections throughout, so the only thing left are the lights themselves. Can you replace them? I also gave up on figuring out the speedometer on the dam thing, it will work sometimes.
Thank you

Not positive, but I think the nav lights need to be on for the bimini lights to work. I never, ever use my bimini lights b/c my top is stowed when the stars are out. :)

CLDave is right. You have to have the Nav lights on for the bimini frame lights to work on the electric bimini. Sort of like the light on the helm access door.

Threw me off the first time I tried checking them out.

That said, like CLD, I have only used them once between very little nighttime boating, and when doing it, not having the bimini deployed so as to see the stars. However, we had to boat home late at night from a bonfire at a friends cottage once and it started to rain. I used them that one time as we huddled under the bimini to stay out of the rain.

Last edited:
figured it out, wires were wrong in the connector, backwards no polarity. cut the wires switched them with a new connector and everything worked. it came from factory like this....

Glad you figured it out. D’oh! on improper original wiring.

Back