Question for "Lift" guys

Mambeaux

Reaction score
I have a 10,000 pound boat lift with three 12' bunks and a R25. Does anyone have pictures of your boat on this set up?

Do you need pictures of this set up specifically, or simply pictures of a tritoon on a lift with 3 x 12ft bunks? Also, is there a specific question or concern you have? If so, there's plenty of "lift" guys in general on here who might be able to help, but may not have your exact setup.

I keep my 23SSRCX on a 5k lb Shoremaster lift with 3 x 10ft bunks

My question is, where do you position the boat on the bunks? How much overhang fore and ft?

My question is, where do you position the boat on the bunks? How much overhang fore and ft?
My question would be. What size canopy ? You would center the boat so that it is covered by the canopy. That's what I do if this helps!

Park the boat with the cockpit about in the middle of the lift. It'll feel shifted forward, but our boats are heavier in the back (due to motor). You can use the cable-feel as you lift to get more exact, but the rule of thumb seems to be cockpit in the middle of the lift.

(edit - found a pic of how I position mine - I actually keep my boat about 6 inches farther forward than this normally):

Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 9.56.29 AM.png
Good luck!

Last edited:
Most of your boats weight is in the rear 1/3 of it. I think the cockpit someone in the middle of you bunks is about right. Basically The rear of your boat pontoons is sitting immediately off the back of the bunk. The front of the boat hangs way forward. I had a solid the bunk and cradle lift for 3 years, and it was nice. If I didn’t have to content with too shallow of lake levels late in the season, I would not have switched to Sea Legs.

Anyway, that is the basics of it. My boat is a 24’ one, but I can add some older lift pictures below if it helps. I don’t seem to have any that focus on the rear of the set up with the boat on it. Sorry.

564D2638-17D2-49D7-86FE-F6C1E46157CB.jpegIMG_2877.jpegIMG_0031.jpeg

I agree with the above. I only have about 2-3 feet overhanging the bunks in the back, and about 10 up front. The canopy and hoist is designed to accommodate this. In the 2nd picture, boat may be a bit further forward than I usually keep it. But it's the only picture I can find. Hope this helps!PXL_20210616_222020386.jpgPXL_20210620_145925487.jpg

When we kept our 24 footer on a lift we only had 12 foot V boards (2 boards shaped into a cradle) supporting our boat. When you look at it the front half of the boat is hanging off the front. The contractor says that is normal and he builds it like that all the time. You pull all the way up and the engine/rear end almost touches. The weight of your engine will prevent the boat from falling or tipping over..... IMG_20220320_145426660.jpgIMG_20220320_145409586.jpgIMG_20220320_145349269.jpg

when i switched over to v-bunks on my lift, I originally went with 14 foot boards. 1' off the back and 3' in front. I could not get the wood to sink, even with cement weight hanging on the cradle. Went to Shorestation's web site and their bunks are only 11' long (6" overhang). I cut mine down to 12' . With1' overhang on both sides. When it was 3 foot overhang in the front, after the first foot, they did not touch the wood anymore. My boat is only a 22' SLX. I park the boat so only the motor is sticking out from the back to cover the front as much as possible.

Last edited:
we have an 22 LSR with the Yamaha 200. We had our dealer's preferred contractor adjust our bunks from a V-hull to a tri-toon. They made 12' bunks. We basically put the end of the log on at the end of the bunk. 12' is supported and the front is just cantilevered out. The pictures don't show it great, but you can see where the front lift cable is right in line with the throttle.

L22 - 1.pngL22 - 2.png

Last edited:
See how half the boat seems like it's just hanging there!
received_524529465964528.jpeg

Back