should it be faster 2022 Benning ton rx sport 400 verado

Based on RPM you probably can step up to a 17 or 18 to squeeze out a few more MPH.
Ditto this comment above!!!

Now don’t get my wrong. Your performance with the 16p Enertia is awesome. I’d LOVE to have that kind of performance in a tritoon.

But also as mentioned in Potomacbassin’s reply referenced above, you still have room with RPM to step up 1 or 2 in pitch with the Enertia.

Frankly, with everything you have in that incredibly beautiful boat, I’d still try a 17 and an 18 pitch Enertia to get 100% dialed in and then never give it another thought again.

Did I mention how nice your boat looks! :cool:

Just have to wonder. When did pontoon boats become racing boats? If speed is the goal a hull designed for speed would make a whole lot more since than a Tritoon. I guess a Leap 1A from an Airbus A321 would be really cool. Should be able to get, say 500 mph with Bimini down and half fuel. LOL. No prop needed.

Just have to wonder. When did pontoon boats become racing boats? If speed is the goal a hull designed for speed would make a whole lot more since than a Tritoon. I guess a Leap 1A from an Airbus A321 would be really cool. Should be able to get, say 500 mph with Bimini down and half fuel. LOL. No prop needed.
I fished a bass tournament today on the James River, my boater had a tuned/modified Merc 250 on a Stratos and we were doing a hair under 80mph almost an hour each way. A few times when we hit barge waves at that speed my guardian angel had to yank the throttle to keep us from disintegrating into small bits of fiberglass and catfish food. My back is jello right now and the tinnitus is at a level 10.

50mph on a tritoon is nap-inducing by comparison!

For what it's worth I originally wanted a bay boat that could get to my fishing spots in under an hour. Family compromises led me to a Bennington but having the higher top speed really does serve a functional purpose.

I fished a bass tournament today on the James River, my boater had a tuned/modified Merc 250 on a Stratos and we were doing a hair under 80mph almost an hour each way. A few times when we hit barge waves at that speed my guardian angel had to yank the throttle to keep us from disintegrating into small bits of fiberglass and catfish food. My back is jello right now and the tinnitus is at a level 10.

50mph on a tritoon is nap-inducing by comparison!

For what it's worth I originally wanted a bay boat that could get to my fishing spots in under an hour. Family compromises led me to a Bennington but having the higher top speed really does serve a functional purpose.
Yikes! I can't even imagine! You were wearing your googles, right?

Yikes! I can't even imagine! You were wearing your googles, right?
Haha I was actually. You can't see at those speeds even with sunglasses - eyeballs just dry out too quick and many bass boats there is no console for the passenger to hide behind. Just straight wall of air for 70 miles. And with my driver thinking he was the next coming of Tony Stuart I had to pull double-duty looking out for other boats as well as my own skin. It's borderline nuts and we almost ate it a handful of times.

I'm also suffering from "fasteritus", 15 X 15P, enertia prop, 50-51mph, 1-2 people... 400 Verado (not R), fully loaded with people I was suffering a bit to flip the "little bastards" out of the tube... topped at maybe 38mph with the full load (not pulling tube).. either I need the 600 on back or..??? not going to twins...

I'm also suffering from "fasteritus", 15 X 15P, enertia prop, 50-51mph, 1-2 people... 400 Verado (not R), fully loaded with people I was suffering a bit to flip the "little bastards" out of the tube... topped at maybe 38mph with the full load (not pulling tube).. either I need the 600 on back or..??? not going to twins...
I think you need to buy a different tube! ;)

Props are a funny thing! What I mean is it's not always an exact science. A good example is with my Mercury 150. It came with an Enertia 14.5 diameter/ 17P Prop. I've had people tell me that a 17P has no business on a 150 outboard. We couldn't be happier with it's performance. We pull skiiers out of the water with a great hole shot and although we rarely go WOT we have been up to 42 with our double Bimini up. I was told that if I went with a 15P the hole shot would be even better but the top end would suffer. Why would I change anything?!?
I would not change anything, I had a R23 w/ 200 and it only did 40-42 mph.

I'm guessing your right but I want my cake, and eat it also.....my expectation would be fully loaded pontoon and scaring the bejesus out of the tubers....lol
Yeah, that's a pretty big tube to be scaring people but if you're hitting the high 30's I know it would scare most folks!

I'm guessing your right but I want my cake, and eat it also.....my expectation would be fully loaded pontoon and scaring the bejesus out of the tubers....lol
Put all the kids in the back. Run around 30 mph and that bandwagon will take flight!!!! Not safe but if you’re after thrashing those kids that’s the way to get it done

That's the right prop. That motor makes 400 hp at 6800 rpm. If you go a pitch up it will drop rpm and reduce speed.

I have a 25 foot rcl with a 300 mercury verado. It is equipped with a 15 pitch prop. These motors are designed to turn higher Rpms. At wot I’m turning 6300 + rpms and a top speed around 47 to 48 mph. Don’t sacrifice rpms as to gain or lose mph.

Back