should it be faster 2022 Benning ton rx sport 400 verado

Had to do it... went to the 600... gonna be a blast for the tubers now..... Or they ride once and "NEVER AGAIN".....LOL
Your engine swap to the 600 is big news. You are probably the first. Please keep us informed with numbers and photos. A new thread might be appropriate for something this big and different.

Had to do it... went to the 600... gonna be a blast for the tubers now..... Or they ride once and "NEVER AGAIN".....LOL
Holy Toledo! You better be strapping those tubers on!

Well I thought it would be a whole lot faster!
6 hrs on the boat and we can only get 48 to 49 mph at 6400 to 6500 rpm wot.
I have a 14x19 Silverado prop.
Any thoughts?
The Silverado is the quicksilver version of the Mirage Plus. A legend in the industry, but old tech. It’s a large diameter prop. I would try a 19 Enerita or a 17 enerita eco. Similar name but two completely different props. In my area the Enerita is the preferred prop for pontoons The 19 will be faster and it’s a smaller diameter than the silverado so it’ll spin up easier and higher. It has lots of cup and bite, and as such will slip a lot less than the Silverado. The eco is a 16 inch diameter prop. It’ll give better midrange, but it’s harder to spin up. The 17 will spin up like a traditional 19. For my money, I think the 19 enerita might be perfect.
good luck

Any thoughts?
We have a 2022 25' L Swingback with a Verado 400. Best we have seen is 51mph with the biminis down. I was expecting more also. It is a very heavy boat though and our plan is to take everything out of it and run it with 10 gallons of fuel and maybe another person to see what we can get out of it. Hopefully get this done soon.

Guys - the Silverado/Vengeance prop is too small of diameter for a heavier, high HP boat. That 400 should be in the mid-50's easy if not a little more depending on conditions.

You need more blade area so either an Enertia/Q3 or Yamaha SWS prop will be better in your application.

Edit- for reference Mercury tested a 25RXSBA with a 450r and used an Enertia prop.

Any thoughts?
Well my first thought is you bought a Pontoon boat not a runabout. 48-50 is quite fast, and I don't think you'll spend much time there. Is what it is, while pretty good, those hulls aren't built for speed. Their displacement hulls.

However, in the never ending quest for speed and efficiency I have tried a lot of props. That Silverado prop AKA Mirage Plus was/is a great prop but an old design. I'd replace it with a Mercury Enerita. The Enerita is the sate of the art in props. It'll be faster, more efficient, slip less and have better acceleration. I have tested many props including the Silverado, compared them at 1000 RPM increments, and nothing comes close to the Enerita. You will see and notice a lot more bite with the Enerita and top end. In New England its the preferred prop for Pontoons. for Instance, in my tests the Silverado has 34% slip at 4000 RPM compared to the Enerita at 18%

Happy boating.

The Mercury Mirage plus and the Enertia have been the only 2 props I've had on both of my pontoon boats. The Mirage plus was on our I/O and the Enertia is on our current outboard. Both have performed very well over the years!

In case anyone is wondering what the Merc / Quicksilver equivalents are:

Hi SDSurfer. I just wanted to chime in with the other responses above. The enertia proped paired with your 400 HP Verado is the prefect combination. Perfect! The Enertia line of props is phenomenal, and as a Mercury prop, you are all set without any need for an additional hub to put it on that motor. Many of us run that prop, regardless of motor manufacturer, due to how well it preforms.

I have a 200 HP Verado, a baby compared to yours, but with the Enertia prop, it has performed flawlessly.

Prior to adding Sea Legs in 2019, my best performance on our 2017 24’ SSBXP Swingback (what turned into the L series a couple years ago) was 44 mph at WOT on a light load, with dialed in Enertia prop. Your boat shouldn‘t be too far off from ours in regards to weight and layout for comparison purposes.

Back