Snow on my playpen cover

Outbackeagle

Reaction score
My boat was put in the water last week by my marina and tonight we are supposed to get 4-8" of snow. We are 3hrs away from the boat and have to work. Do you think my playpen cover will handle that?

Attachments

• 20220415_144956.jpg
    20220415_144956.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 37
Assuming you installed it correctly and have all the poles up and snug - you'll be fine. Best part about April snow is that it's gone within a few days.

Are the set screws on the poles tight? I tighten mine 1-2 times a season. If those pole clamps are loose the snow will collapse the poles.

Are the set screws on the poles tight? I tighten mine 1-2 times a season. If those pole clamps are loose the snow will collapse the poles.
I'm not sure I'll have to look into that next time I'm up. It's crazy the weather was 70's two days ago with no snow in the forecast and here we are getting 4-8 tonight now

Its a Torx head , T10 if I am not mistaken.

OOC, roughly where are you located?

The 1 big snow we had here this past winter 3 out of my poles collapsed under the weight of the wet heavy snow. I literally had to crawl underneath the cover and lift and push the snow off the cover. The good thing is the material didn't rip or tear.

I won't know till next weekend. I can't get up there till then
Can somebody from the marina check on it for you? That would bug the crap out of me not knowing for so long....... Hopefully it'll be all right!

My boat is in northeast PA, lake wallenpaupack

I thought that pic looked like our lake.....I dont think we got that much snow anyway. Based on what I saw on my cameras, may have been only a couple inches, and it's all gone now.

Sorry for the late reply. The poles collapsed and there was some standing water on the cover but no damage to the cover or boat. It appears I need to tighten the piles like suggested.
Glad you ended up okay. Big sigh of relief for you. Happy boating this summer.

Back