THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

Damn it Jack, why did you have to say that, you jinx'ed it

The one who initially shared their forecast is to blame. Jack is mearly a mesenger of joyous news.

we had 10.5" over the last couple of days. Have a surprising 24" of snow already. We average 59" of snow a year

we had 10.5" over the last couple of days. Have a surprising 24" of snow already. We average 59" of snow a year
We have had 40 inches so far this season ,fortunately  most has melted ,Our seasonal average is 120 inches, last year we had over 200 .

35 miles South East ( Gaylord Mi ) they are already close to 70 .

Last edited by a moderator:
Does that mean no syrup this year either.     :(

Does that mean no syrup this year either.     :(
We were just discussing that last night . 

Barring any unforeseen circumstances ,we will be tapping the trees in mid to late February. :D   

We were just discussing that last night . 

Barring any unforeseen circumstances ,we will be tapping the trees in mid to late February. :D   
COOL!

Do you still have our information from last year? I'm already drooling

Next post down to double digits.  Keep em coming SemperFi

The days start getting longer now !!!!!! We are on the way !!!

Past my halfway point !!!!

With the snow we just got ,I need something sooner . :D  10 weeks until spring 

It was -4 when I got in my car yesterday morning, I give up, Kathy and I are going to Florida for a month, leaving February 23

It was -4 when I got in my car yesterday morning, I give up, Kathy and I are going to Florida for a month, leaving February 23
We'll be down there the same time. Going on a 10 day cruise. Can't wait!

CWAG and any others, we are staying at Kathy's mothers in Coco Beach.  Our cruise is March 1 out of Cape Canaveral on Carnivals Freedom of the Seas, 7 days Western Caribbean.  Only my second cruise [kind of like first as the cruise I went on was a only a 4 day working Board of Directors retreat] and Kathy has never been on a cruise.  If you have any tips or shore excursions that are can't miss let us know as we are rookies

If your stopping at Cozumel Mexico I reccomend renting a scooter/jeep and touring the island. The road makes essentially a big loop around the island and most of it is undeveloped so you can pull off and have your own private beach getaway. There are some waterfront resturants as well. just remember.....don't drink the water!

We rented a scooter and it was a blast. very little traffic and it was just great.

Back