Tick tock! Boat Delivered to House for Some Prep!

AuthorizedUser

Reaction score
She was dropped off this morning! I asked the marina if they could deliver her from winter storage to my house for two weeks of prep before they take her to the slip. I spent the day learning the biminis/boots and the cover (what a b#@$% that thing is!), checking everything out, vacuuming a million tiny aluminum shavings (what’s that about, Bennington?), and sitting in it reading the manuals... waving to my neighbors. What a great day! For those of you who follow my questions, I tried to remove the Allen screw that prevents full swiveling of the helm chair... but there is a NUT inside the base pole! Argh! The screw just spins and spins And won’t come out. I am able to snake my finger tips down the seat pole and can feel the nut spinning; not sure if I can get a wrench down there. Can I easily take the seat top off?

871806A1-4B43-47F7-AAEE-2988CC871334.jpeg

I have owned 3 Bennington and have friends and relatives that also own them .Every one of them ( and other brands ) has had those shavings .No big deal . My previous RCW ,I still found some after 6 years ,they come out after bouncing ,trailer or water

She was dropped off this morning! I asked the marina if they could deliver her from winter storage to my house for two weeks of prep before they take her to the slip. I spent the day learning the biminis/boots and the cover (what a b#@$% that thing is!), checking everything out, vacuuming a million tiny aluminum shavings (what’s that about, Bennington?), and sitting in it reading the manuals... waving to my neighbors. What a great day! For those of you who follow my questions, I tried to remove the Allen screw that prevents full swiveling of the helm chair... but there is a NUT inside the base pole! Argh! The screw just spins and spins And won’t come out. I am able to snake my finger tips down the seat pole and can feel the nut spinning; not sure if I can get a wrench down there. Can I easily take the seat top off?

View attachment 29537
Your grass looks very green, do you fertilize it or put pre-emergence on it to make it come out early, down here in Alabama mine is still partially dormant

View attachment 29537

As far as the captain chairs, I took the all-American zip tie and secured the swivel handle up so the two chairs would freely swivel at any time. Hated to have to reach for the handle every time I wanted to change my position.

Haha...the shavings indeed. Monday im doing a "wash day" on the boat. So ill be scrubbing inside and out trying to get the dealer and factory grime off, and the pollen from sitting at the dealer for a few weeks. And yes, a shop vac for those shavings will be happening too

She's a beauty, AU! I'm sure you'll have your fair share of neighbors stopping by to look her over a bit closer. As for the metal shavings, mine didn't come with any! What's up with that??? :p

View attachment 29537
If you can't just pull the seat/swivel straight up from the pedestal, you should be able to take out some screws (four maybe?) that attach the swivel to the chair itself, and then have access to the inner nut. Just guessing but these are fairly rudimentary designs so it will come apart in sections without much effort.

If that set allen screw is also keeping the chair/swivel attached to the base though, obviously you'll need another solution besides gravity if you hit some bumpy situations.

View attachment 29537
Where is the Video of them unloading the boat!?!? :cool:

Hey man the cover will get easier every time you do it. Did you see Semper's instructional video?!? You're going to sleep out there aren't you?!?

Hey man the cover will get easier every time you do it. Did you see Semper's instructional video?!? You're going to sleep out there aren't you?!?
I really do want to spend a lot of time out there. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the concept of taking the cover off to sit in it for an hour and then put the cover back on is not appealing. Already! I already feel that way. That's crazy. To answer your question, yes I did watch the video several times. It was playing in my mind as I was working with the cover.

I really do want to spend a lot of time out there. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the concept of taking the cover off to sit in it for an hour and then put the cover back on is not appealing. Already! I already feel that way. That's crazy. To answer your question, yes I did watch the video several times. It was playing in my mind as I was working with the cover.
You’ll be an expert at it in no time

You'll be all right! For me the cover is no problem. My wife and I have it down! It's the double Bimini that we have to get used to. We left it open all year last year. Ha!

View attachment 29537
Very nice! When was your order date?

I felt that way at first with our cover. It doesn’t take long. Just get a system down for how you fold it and unfold it with an eye towards putting it back on efficiently. I can do the entire thing pretty easily on my own in like 5-8 minutes. With my wife helping, super fast!

I undo. Fold into middle of of boat length wise. Fold from back to front. Put in my center toon storage. Take it out. Unfold front to back. Start at the helm starboard side working toward the front around to port gate. Then I start starboard side at helm working towards no around the back to the port door. If there will be any rain, we get inside and put the poles up. If not, we don’t bother.

Goes fast now that I have my system down. You will get your system and it will become less of a deterrent than it is now

Back