Will this winter ever end? I have a new Benny to enjoy!!

Yep, we sent it out to you. 30 degrees here this morning, frost on my canopy, brrrrr.
That's ok, we sent our snow up north this winter .... I'll take the frost !!! :)

Hopefully we sent enough snow and ice up to Derrick that we can refill the Great Lakes.

He needs to push that ice back into the lake!

Good thing tomorrow is suppose to be almost 80!!! I am already planning on heading to the lake with some minnows as soon as I get home. Starting to get concerned the apple crop is going to be effected again this year. Last year I couldn't find apples for sale anywhere in order to use as bait for bow hunting. :(

Good thing tomorrow is suppose to be almost 80!!! I am already planning on heading to the lake with some minnows as soon as I get home. Starting to get concerned the apple crop is going to be effected again this year. Last year I couldn't find apples for sale anywhere in order to use as bait for bow hunting. :(
Sugar Beets

I have had very limited luck with sugar beets in my area. They have to freeze first and then the deer seem to tear them up like popsicles. So they don't work too well during the warmer bowhunting months for me. They do work well during the later rifle and very late bow/muzzle loader seasons though.

During the winter ,I put all of our vegetable scraps and trimmings out our back door . They are gone overnight .

We even put out the top of a pineapple and they ate that .

You need someone to come out and thin your herd down for you :)

My wife will cancel my order if you take her deer . Deer hunting is just not the same when you see them every day .

When we lived down state I couldn't wait to get up here ,now I see deer everywhere .In fact 4 have run into our cars .

I know what you mean. I hunt in the Mt. Pleasant area where my family and I own property. Drastic difference in the deer herds between there and farther south like Holly. Although proper management resolves much of those problems. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like this thread is applicable this year as well. Another crappy winter and a new boat waiting to go on the water. At least it is sunny outside.

Oh, this ain't good. I live in the red area ...... I'm in for some deep sh** .....

3b7800b7a1bff3e1b33d7ab1162bba0e.jpg

That sucks. At least the water levels will be up.

We drove up by the lake Sunday ..... I think it's maxed out. If not, it will be now !!! LOL !!!

Holy snowmageddon batman!!!!

21 below in Gaylord Michigan right now . Not including wind chill .

http://daycalc.appspot.com/03/21/2014

38 daysuntil Spring Friday March 21 2014a Friday 1 month and 10 days from today.

Add 10 for opening day of Baseball (Tigers) 

Monday March 31st 

The Lake is at full capacity due to the 5 plus feet of snow this winter.

Sure would love to see some warm temps to do dock prepping for the new Bennington

A wet cool summer would be all we need after the winter from HELL (lol)

Here's hoping for the best !

At least Ice Fishing Season has ended 

35165641.jpg

We got another 6 inches overnight and still snowing . That puts us at about 180" for the season .

Maybe I can  trade for a 2015 ?

Sleeting down here. No snow last night and changing to rain. At least all the high temps in the forecast are above freezing.

Back