Winter has arrived in Northern Michigan

snowbank.jpg

Looks like God parted the white sea!     :blink:

Looks like we are going to pay this weekend, for all the nice weather we've had. Anywhere from 12"-20" forecast ......  :angry:

9f5c8f_958599f285dc4d3584dbf9d7a49fba32.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We have right around 48 inches since the 26th of December .Most of it lake effect 

We are expecting 0" to a dusting.  We have a total of 5.5" for the year, 4 times I used my leaf blower to clear the driveway, we average 60"/year so we are way behind.  Fear not, we are still suffering; it has been in the 20's with strong cold winds that make it unbearable to be outside

Aside from that 17" we got in one day in November (It melted that week) we only have an inch or so on the ground. Not bad at all and temps are above freezing in the extended forecast. I'm hoping for a late winter/spring like in 2012.

Ok, guys... for you that have to endure the poison of the heavy snow, just put a huge air boat prop on the back of your boat and take it down the streets. What a concept!

Been "flurrying" here all day! This isn't supposed to happen here! Did all of you northerners sneeze at once and blow the clouds and the cold down this way?

Then again, I think it's supposed to be almost 60* here on Sunday. I may take the toon out. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we ended up with a all time record of 30.2" at the airport, but some areas got 33" plus. It's bad. I haven't gotten in to work yet to plow, but where I work we got at least 27" reported. It's gonna be a loooooong day.

Well we ended up with a all time record of 30.2" at the airport, but some areas got 33" plus. It's bad. I haven't gotten in to work yet to plow, but where I work we got at least 27" reported. It's gonna be a loooooong day.
I'm supposed to be flying into Philly Monday for a week working in NJ  :(

Our facility is in Skillman, but I stay in Princeton
I worked in Princeton at a Porsche/BMW dealer on rt 1. Early 90's.

It was 16 for BMW.u

Awesome...that just made my day.  I live in the Jackson, Michigan area and it was so nice yesterday it felt like I only had a month left before I could put my boat back in the water.

I hear you Keith. I ended up working from home and it was nice hearing the birds again. I even saw some geese flying north last night.

Weather here is still crazy, no snow on the ground at all and in the mid 50's continuing for at least 3 more days

Back