Your 2021 College Football Thread

Heck of a game. One of the best battles I've seen in this rivalry in a looooong time.
Both teams have nothing to be ashamed of in terms of effort and heart on that field.

Lots of talent leaving Michigan after this year, so I'm almost certain that Ohio will be dominant again next season.

Hold your head high for the Buckeyes...onwards and upwards!
Ohio State lost the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Not expected, but yes they are young and should bounce back.

Ohio State lost the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Not expected, but yes they are young and should bounce back.
As always, some amazing young talent. No doubt they’ll bounce back…but heck, not much to bounce back from with your record Jim. Exciting season none the less. Cheering for you guys in whatever bowl matchup you end up in.

JMU up 38-13 at the half! It's so nice to watch a team that can score! (Unlike MD. Ha!)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211204-153719.png
    Screenshot_20211204-153719.png
    565.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Great game by Blue. Well done boys. With that said, we're gonna get screwed. Too bad Georgia lost today. The polls won't have ANOTHER Bama vs Georgia matchup. Blue doesn't lose, but will get leap frogged by Bama which is some shit. Its biased because they won't want to see a rematch.. Why wouldn't michigan move to 1 when Georgia lost? Reminds me when Blue lost to Ohio state when then were 1 and 2 and ND leap frogged Michigan.
Politics suck!!!!

I always love Conference Championship Saturday for College Football. We Christmas decorate the cottage and watch the games.

I think the most probable Playoff ranking will be:
Alabama - Michigan - Georgia - Cincinnati

Slightest possibility of:
Michigan - Alabama - Georgia - Cincinnati

Michigan constantly gets “political” benefit of the doubt in rankings based on historical performance in football and hoops. We see it all the time these past 20 years. I think this is a case were Bama gets it given their dominance in College Football this past 15 years. They’ve earned that edge going into the final playoff ranking.

With identical records, Bama beat #1 solidly, Michigan beat a vulnerable #13. I think the anticipated “probably” rankings above are pretty reasonable. I think undefeated Cincinnati has a bigger claim of deserving at least #3 than Michigan does over Alabama for #1. That said, I don’t see Cincinnati moving up just based on them having by far the weakest schedule of those four teams.

Either way the likely first weekend playoff matchups are the same, and actual rankings don’t mean too much at this point. I am hoping all four teams put on great shows come January. I don’t cheer on U of M very often, but I’ve enjoyed their last two games, and hoping they play well come the playoffs. Good luck to the Big Blue fans out there.

Yeah it "should" be Michigan, Alabama, Cincinnati, Georgia. But Alabama put a good whipping on #1 Georgia so they will probably go to #1 even though Alabama/Michigan have identical records. Cincinnati should get the benefit of the doubt being the only unbeaten team at 13-0 so I'm giving them #3. Georgia got beat so bad they should drop to #4. But like Todd said they don't want another Alabama/Georgia matchup so soon so Georgia will most likely be #3. JMO.....

Missed the game last night, just finished watching it. Congrats Big Blue.

As a B1G West fan, I have to admit that the West teams need to pick it up.
If we ranked the teams 1 through 7 respectively and matched them up, the West would really struggle to win 3 of those 7 games. And those wins would be on the lower ranking games.

Cool. Time to go take down Georgia.
P.S. I was originally pulling for Georgia to take it all earlier this season. But now that Michigan will square off against them, nope. Go get‘em Wolverines!

I'm going to stay level-headed about it and remain impartial...I don't think Michigan has a realistic snowball's chance against either of the top SEC teams this year, but there is a chance, nonetheless. Go Blue!

If they pull it off, then great!
If not, then no expectations shattered and they still beat the odds by winning the B1G.

Looking forward to seeing how Cincinnati does against Alabama......

Missed the game last night, just finished watching it. Congrats Big Blue.

As a B1G West fan, I have to admit that the West teams need to pick it up.
If we ranked the teams 1 through 7 respectively and matched them up, the West would really struggle to win 3 of those 7 games. And those wins would be on the lower ranking games.
Personally, I'd like to see the divisions shaken up a bit. Having OSU, MSU, PSU, and UofM in the East is a bit lopsided. Since the B1G has had a championship game in 2011, only 2x has a west team won (Wisconsin) and it was the first 2 years of the league. Yes, its been a OSU run from hell, but like the old black and blue division in the NFC North, the better teams of the NFC beat each other up and 1 loss to a OSU, Sparty, Blue, or PSU, means your done.
Who would I like to see move to the West from East or visa verca, that I'm not sure of...

Personally, I'd like to see the divisions shaken up a bit. Having OSU, MSU, PSU, and UofM in the East is a bit lopsided. Since the B1G has had a championship game in 2011, only 2x has a west team won (Wisconsin) and it was the first 2 years of the league. Yes, its been a OSU run from hell, but like the old black and blue division in the NFC North, the better teams of the NFC beat each other up and 1 loss to a OSU, Sparty, Blue, or PSU, means your done.
Who would I like to see move to the West from East or visa verca, that I'm not sure of...

I've been thinking of this for quite some time now, and I think having a rotating division (where the teams are on a staggered list of East/West or A/B that changes every season) may be something viable.

Daril, I see the Dukes game is Friday night...on ESPN2!
That's a big audience!!
Yup hopefully they can continue to play at a high level! It was beautiful to watch last Saturday!

100% with you on this. My wife and I have discussed this from the get go. The crowding of the east division stronger teams is ridiculous. Spreading it around would be better balanced conference football.
I've been thinking of this for quite some time now, and I think having a rotating division (where the teams are on a staggered list of East/West or A/B that changes every season) may be something viable.
This is a cool idea. Never occurred to Me, but I love this staggered/rotational idea of yours. You need to the the commissioner and get it done! ;):cool:

Totally fired up!

Locked in our families Peach Bowl tickets last night, and then locked in our hotel near Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta this morning. 5 of the 7 of us are heading down to cheer on MSU against Pitt in the Peach Bowl come winter break.

Double fired up - coordinated with my cousins family (same age and we graduated together) and my college roommate and his family (family best friends to this day!).

We are in different sections of the stadium for the game, but staying at the same hotel Mon-Fri. Going to be a GREAT final week of the year! Go Green! :cool:

Nothing beats a bowl game or Championship game environment and festivities. :)

Back